two.

Again, there is silence. Only the drip can be heard for what felt like an eternity, however it had only been a few seconds since the businessman had spoken. The pieces of the puzzle started coming together for him, and he had recognized her. Behind all of the broken bones and the tears in her soul, he had recognized the woman whom he had first encountered hundreds of years ago. Her hair was much shorter when she was younger, and her sense of fashion had seemed to have took a dramatic change with the latest trends. She had kept her fingernails clean, and wore numerous thin rings on nearly every finger. Blood had seeped between her teeth, showing through as she smiled, then dripping onto the floor. Her smile remained the same throughout her lifetime. It warmed him.

"Izar. It's been a long time." Belladonna coughed, a few more drops of blood falling from her lips. Belladonna made an attempt at hiding the emotions she felt, however intrigue began to shine through. She rolled some of her loose teeth around her mouth, almost as if she were playing with them. "I never thought I would see you again."

Belladonna stayed in the village that had saved her from the desert for roughly five years. In that time, she had grown accustomed to their culture. She had made friends with the villagers, seeking hospitality in exchange for healing the community's most ill residents with her magic. She couldn't grant much, as she was weak after her sandy nap, however healing was certainly within her range of capabilities as a witch.

She was tasked with healing a young man, only in his late twenties, named Izar. He had been plagued with terminal disease at a young age, and he could tell that his time was fast-approaching. Belladonna grew a connection between herself and Izar as he healed.

Once he had been completely healed, their connection had grown stronger. Izar was otherwise healthy, and had helped Belladonna with the things that she was no longer able to do alone. She was still weak from her time in the desert, and Izar was not shy as to help accommodate her needs. Izar believed that he owed everything to Belladonna, and gave her never-ending loyalty.

They spent the next two years by each other's side, and a romantic relationship developed. They spent time working on developing the village and giving whatever they had to offer in order to better the community. Belladonna would often lure animals into the village with magic for the boutchers so that the villagers could be well fed, and Izar became a farmer for the population of old men.

The two had what Izar believed to be "something special", but was heart-broken at the end of their second year together when Belladonna had decided that she needed to move on. He begged for her to stay with him but she insisted that she needed to find herself in other parts of the world. Of course, what she really wanted was to start seeking revenge, but she did not feel the need to tell Izar why she wanted revenge or who she wanted to get revenge on.

She was the only reason that Izar was still alive, and he had grown a deep connection to her. Belladonna was all that Izar had left, he had no family and nowhere else to go.

She had lost feelings and desired something much different, but claimed that she would come back for Izar one day to help ease him into old age and walk him into the afterlife when his time came. Belladonna did not ever feel the same way towards Izar, but she thought she did.

Izar took his own life once Belladonna had left him, he died of a broken heart. After years of being a wandering soul, he was approached by who he thought was an angel. It was Ministry recruitment. They offered him endless love from the lord, and in exchange he must do whatever was asked of him. He succumbed and became a guard.

"You've gotten much older, Bella, since the last time I laid eyes on you - when you wore rags and braids instead of the newest fashion." The businessman, Izar, spoke softly. His tone was of condescending nature, however it was meant in a gentle way. He was "old-fashioned", as some may call it. "I suppose you can afford nicer things when you've been saving up for so long."