three.

content warning. 

The sun is beating down on the green grass, the cicadas giving off a light hum. The birds are making their way to the tall trees which loom over the field of flowers as they sing their song. Belladonna leans down to grab the prettiest sunflower in the field. It's tall and vibrant, and would make a lovely centerpiece in the home. Her mama would be so proud. She could smell, from a distance, supper which had been cooking all day. It was going to be a good supper, since mama had been cooking with grand-ama all day. The scent of cinnamon lingered in the air.

"Bella! It's time to come inside! Dinner's ready!"

"Mama!" Belladonna called out, gasping for air. Oxygen had rushed through her lungs quickly as her eyes had shot open nearing the same time. Beads of sweat had rolled down her forehead as she laid out on the floor. The trauma and constant memory of her mother has been rotting in the back of her mind for centuries. Belladonna's clothes were drenched in blood, just the same as it had been in the Ministry. A sigh had fallen from her lips, spilling over her in disappointment as to where she was. Mama wasn't there, and there was no dinner to be served. The sun wasn't shining, and Belladonna was certainly not picking little flowers in the grass. She remembered feeling her bones snapping, and she had remembered the way that Izar's soul had tasted. Her stomach was in knots, seconds away from a possible disaster. She cleared her throat while panting, stretching slightly.

"I ain't ya' mama, but welcome back Bella-rella!" Alvani chirped cheerfully, bending down to touch Belladonna - who squirmed away from Alvani's freaky fingers without a second thought. Disgust had washed over Belladonna due to Alvani's rude nature. There was complete disregard for how Belladonna had arrived, sogged in blood. "Sooo, didya' get it? Or have I just been here twiddling my thumbs for days over nothing?"

Belladonna quickly sat up, calming her breathing. "Days?"

Alvani scoffed, throwing her arms back in a fit. She had semed to have lost her patience with Belladonna, who was clearly clueless. Belladonna had no recollection of what had really happened much farther back than when she was roaming the Ministry in search of a spirit guard. Belladonna knew that she had gotten the spirit guard's soul, she could feel it underneath her skin moving around.

"Yes, days! Please tell me that you got it." Alvani spoke, kicking her feet back and forth in triumph. Belladonna sighed before giving Alvani a nod in confirmation that she had indeed gotten the soul. "Oh, you do have it! Where is it?" She said with a smirk on her face. Alvani was a demon, not a friend, and was more interested in herself rather than any of Belladonna's aspirations. There was simply no way in hell that Belladonna would tell, not just Alvani, but anyone, where she had hidden the soul. Nothing was going to ruin her plan.

Belladonna stood up, ignoring the antics of the demon in the room. She continued slowly down the hall, passing the threshold of her bedroom door. Belladonna opened up the creaky door of her closet and grabbed the first outfit she had seen. Fashion was not of her first concern at the moment, she just wanted to put on some fresh clothes. Everything in the closet was black, anyways, so it would look alright either way. She shut the door and changed out of her damp clothing, peeling off every article. Belladonna had taken an old rag from the top of the closet and had made her way over to her mirror. In the mirror, reflecting back at her, was a woman with a mess of a long, black pony tail, and dried blotches of blood all around her body. She stared at the scar on the left side of her chest, the only injury that ever left a permanent mark. Once she became "immortal," no injury would leave a permanent mark. Belladonna's body would remain at a good state of health at all times unless injured, but there would not be any scars due to healing so quickly. Magic frequently helped to insure minimum scarring.