first day jitters

Evelyn was rudely awoken by the sounds of girls giggling and loud music coming from the living room. She huffed, tossing the covers off and deciding to just get ready for the day rather than going to down to see what was going on. Mainly, because she didn't necessarily want to know. 

As she finished up her morning routine she headed downstairs, planning just to keep her head down and walk straight out the door, hopefully, unnoticed by Stefan. Trying to sneak out of a house full of vampires isn't necessarily the easiest task, especially when one of them is psychologically connected to you and the other is just a nuisance. 

"Evelyn!" Stefan says excitedly from the couch as she descends the stairs. She pulls a wry face, stepping over two women who are lying on the bottom stair, questionably living. 

"You know you really shouldn't play with your food," She raises an eyebrow as she enters the room. Stefan is sitting on the couch, a spinner in his hand as he watches three girls play a game of bloody Twister. He spins it again and then his eyes drift to one of the girls. 

"Uh oh, Alexandra," He looks over at her with a smirk and she trots over to him like this situation is completely normal. "Left hand please."

"Hey, the two brunettes on the staircase owe me a Persian rug," Damon announces, coming into the room as well. Stefan takes a break from the girl's wrist and deadpans over to both of them.

"You mean they owe us a Persian rug," He raises an eyebrow and Evelyn rolls her eyes. "This is my house too, brother. Not to mention our dearest sister. Ev would you like a spin?"

"This is what Klaus had in mind when he told you to watch over her?" Damon raised an eyebrow, moving forward into the living room and Stefan shrugged.

"She's gotta eat, doesn't she?" He looks over to Evelyn who shakes her head, moving to leave. "Yeah, yeah, I'll be out in a minute, just let me finish my breakfast first!" 

Evelyn turns to him with narrow eyes before turning to open the door, but she was surprised to see a certain blonde standing on the other side of it.

"Rebekah?" Evelyn furrows her eyebrows as Rebekah pushes past her and walks into the house.

"No time to talk, darling, where's Stefan?"

"Who are you?" Damon turns to her, glaring slightly as she pushes past him as well and walks straight up to Stefan.

"He left me. The bastard left me here and now I have nowhere to stay," Rebekah marched to the couch where Stefan was seated, shopping bags swaying on her arms as she came to a dramatic stop in front of him. 

"Oh I'm sorry, your tone implies that I'm actually supposed to care," Stefan looked at her with an overdramatic pout on his face and Rebekah huffed, turning to Evelyn.

"Evelyn, dear, will you please knock some sense into your nitwit brother," Rebekah turns to Evelyn, who widens her eyes slightly at the original. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Sorry, I don't accommodate people who keep secrets from me," Evelyn folded her arms, raising an eyebrow at the blonde and Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"I will tell you where he is later if you could just point me to my room," Rebekah looks between the three Salvatores and Stefan scoffs, an amused smile adorning his face.

"Wait this is Klaus' sister?" Damon looks over at Rebekah and she deadpans, looking back at him.

"Rebekah, pleasure I'm sure," She waves Damon off, turning back to Stefan. "Seriously, which one's my room?"

"You're not staying here," He shakes his head and Rebekah rolls her eyes, turning to the other two, who mimic his expression.

"Fine," She looks between the three Salvatores once more and then shakes her head. "I'll see to it myself then."