Goodnight cuddles

As NCIS Director Jennifer 'Jenny, Jen' Shepard  walked down the basement steps, she smiled faintly when he looked up from his sanding and watched as she descended the steps, a look of concern on his face.

"Jen, what are you doing?" He asked, he looked at her appearance, his eyebrows furrowed: she was wearing emerald green pj pants and a matching tank top, her red hair down one shoulder, her feet were a pair of boots.

She had reached the bottom of the steps and had walked behind Jethro and wrapped her arms around his waist, her head on his muscled back. "I couldn't sleep." She told him in a quiet voice, she heard him sigh and found herself burying her head into his chest, his calloused hands on her back.

"Oh Jen." Jethro had whispered in a soft voice, that he only used for her, to her as he laid his head on top of her head. In a fluid motion that even she hadn't seen coming she was cradled in his arms, her ear to his chest. She smiled as she heard his thumping heart.

"Go to sleep, I'll be here when you wake." He coaxed her and against her will, even though she fought it, she found her green eyes closing and her body relaxing as his heart, thumping in her ear, lulled her to sleep.

"Goodnight, Jen, sweet dreams." Jen had heard Jethro whisper to her as she fell asleep in his arms.

She had fallen asleep in her arms, like she had done so many years ago before she had broken both of their hearts. He carried her up the stairs and into his rarely slept bedroom and laid her down on the bed gently, he pulled the covers up to her shoulders, brushed a strand of her flaming red hair out of her closed emerald green eyes and watched her sleep for a few moments.

He loved to watch her sleep as it was one of the only times he saw how truly relaxed and peaceful she was. He hid a yawn before he bent down and brushed his lips against hers before he straightened up and shed out of his clothes, only in his boxers. He walked to his side of the bed and crawled into it beside Jen and wrapped her warm body into his arms and fell asleep with his redhead beauty in his arms, the smell of her vanilla shampoo filled his nostrils.