67. glory and gore

Song of the chapter is
Dark In My Imagination by Of Verona

-67-
-Himanshu Arora-
-Present-

-67--Himanshu Arora--Present-

_____________

St. Maud Theatre
22 December, 2030
3:01 am

"Welcome to Act 3."

As her sinister smile met her eyes, a horrified feeling settled in my heart.

I couldn't believe my eyes. The woman I had been engaged to, the one who I had once thought I could love, had just pulled the trigger and shot a man in front of me. The deafening silence following the gunshot echoed through the room, and the atmosphere turned thick with tension.

My heart pounded like a drum in my chest, and my voice quivered as I spoke, "Dhrashti.... you're...."

She stood there, a wicked grin on her face, as if she had just revealed a dark secret that she had been relishing. "Oh that look on your face, it's truly... priceless."

The room was frozen in disbelief. As I looked into her eyes, I saw no remorse, only a sinister satisfaction. The memories of the past flooded back - the torture, the pain, the fear that had haunted us for weeks. She had been a part of it all, and I had been oblivious to her true nature.

My friends and I exchanged horrified glances, realizing the gravity of the situation.

"Now. Let's get down to business, people." She exclaimed as two masked persons came and stood next to her. We all took a step back instinctively.

"Who are they?" I questioned.

"Enough with the questions, baby." She said, feigning sweetness. Then turning to the men, she instructed, "What are you waiting for? Tie them up already."

The two masked men moved in swift motion and grabbed us before we could make a move. Siya tried to push one away when Drashti warned, "Now Siya, do you want your husband to get the antidote or not?"

Siya stopped in her tracks and looked at her bewildered.

"If you do, then be a good girl and stand quiet."

The next four minutes were spent, trying to chain us to the metal rod at the far end of the room. Zoya and I were tied to one while Siya and Saina were tied to another. Dhrashti dragged Kartik by the collar and threw him on a chair while one of her helpers chained him up as well.

"Okay, you bimbo. Now we're tied up and can't move, so you've accomplished your goal." Zoya lamented. "Now could you please elaborate on why you're involved in all this?"

"Of course, I will. I have only been waiting for this moment for the past two months!" Dhrashti exclaimed. "But first, let's treat your friend here."

One of the masked men handed her a syringe which she slowly and carefully inserted in Kartik's arm. He groaned slightly as the needle poked him.