Chapter 8 The rangers save Emily & Ariel & Emily's birthday party

They morphed and started to fight him and when Splitface tried to use body swarm he couldn't do it. "Wait, what's going on? Why can't I do the body swarm?" Splitface said. "Get with the program. You've been marked." Antonio said. "Well, I'm marking all of you for demolition." Splitface said. "It's time to pay." Mike said. "No it's not. Later." Splitface said. As he tried to leave Kevin, Mia, Ryan, and Hannah stopped him. Then Joe and Mike hit him. Jayden used his weapon along with John who used his weapon. He was destroyed then he came back as a mega monster. That's when they noticed that they can't make either of the megaswords without me or Emily. "No problem Mia, leave this to me and John. We'll close the deal with the claw sword and the werewolf sword." Antonio said. Our swords can act as their own megaswords. I showed John how to control the werewolf sword when I started to recruit my team so he can control the werewolf sword. "Let's find out what this wolf can really do. I'm gonna claw this guy." John said. "I'm right there with you John. Let's put the pinch on this guy." Antonio said. They used the pincer claws and the wolf claws. Then John made the wolf sword grab one of the nighloks legs and helped the claw sword to throw Splitface back. Then some giant moggers came up and John and Antonio made both swords go into their megasword mode. When it looked like they needed some help Jayden, Kevin, and Mike made the samurai battlewing. They helped John and Antonio with the giant moggers. Then they took the nighlok down with Antonio using double katana strike and John using double claw slash. After the nighlok was defeated Emily and I got our spirits back. We woke up. Everyone that had their spirits stolen got them back. "We did it! And just in the nick of time." John said. Later that night we set up for Emily's birthday party and when we were putting up the last decoration Mia went to go get Emily. "Come on." Mia said. "Mia, what's up? I'm fine now." Emily said. "I know, but you're about to get even better." Mia said as she walked into the common area of the shiba house with Emily. "What is all this?" Emily asked. We jumped out and said surprise. "Are you surprised?" Kevin asked. Emily nodded. I gave her an envelope that had a birthday card in it. "This is from your sister." I said as I gave it to her. She took it out and read the message that was inside the card. This is the message. "Happy birthday my darling sister. Miss you heaps. All my love, Serena." Emily said. "And what's a birthday without a cake?" Antonio asked as Mentor Ji brought the cake over. It said happy birthday Emily and clawsword on it. "Clawsword?" Kevin asked. "It's his birthday too." Antonio said. "Okay." Kevin said. "You guys are the best." Emily said. "No Emily. Mike was right. You're the best. We're just so happy to see that you're okay. Today, victory really is ours." Jayden said. "Who wants cake?" Mia asked. "Oh, uh, you baked me a cake?" Emily asked. "No, sorry. We got this cake at the bakery." Mia said. "I understand, you were busy. Let's dig in." Emily said. "Blow out your candles." Kevin said. "Make a wish first." Mia said. Emily made a wish and blew out the candles. She had a great birthday, even though it was the first one without her sister. I went outside to have a moment to myself. I looked up at the stars. After about a minute Jayden came up beside me. "Hey, are you okay?" Jayden asked. "Yeah, I'm okay. So, I heard what happened in the battle." I said. "Yeah, but that still doesn't mean that we can trust each other." Jayden said. "You don't trust my team, do you?" I asked. "Ariel, listen, the Halloween rangers have always given the samurai rangers a hard time every time Halloween came around. I heard that something happened between them that made them enemies but I never found out what happened between them." Jayden said. "Maybe I could find out what happened that made them become enemies in the first place." I said. "Good luck with that. It won't be easy to find out why they became enemies in the first place." Jayden said. "Tell me something I don't know." I said as I walked back into the house.

Jayden has been getting a little too overprotective of me and I get that he is just looking out for me. I don't really mind it that much, I mean, he is my older brother. Anyway, he's been like this ever since the day that Lauren was sent into hiding. He started to be protective of me the day after Lauren was sent into hiding but now it's almost like he's overprotective. The next morning I heard my team talking. They were outside and I was about to walk out when I stopped in my tracks just inside the door. "This is awesome, Ariel just has to master the legendary Halloween symbol and Master Xandred and his nighloks are old news." Joe said. "But the last red ranger couldn't master the Halloween symbol." Hannah said. "And the ranger before him couldn't master it as well. No Halloween ranger has." Ryan said. "She'll master it. She has to. It's her destiny." Carly said. "That's right. Until then we have to protect Ariel. That's our number one mission. Got it?" John asked. Everyone nodded. "If we work as a team, we can protect Ariel from anything." John said. "Now I see it. That's why we've been training our whole lives." Bri said. I came out. "No, that's not necessary. You protect yourselves. It's business as usual. Stay focused on the battle at hand as a team. Okay?" I asked. "We must protect you at all costs!" John said. "No! That's just too much of a burden to bare." I said. Then the gap sensor went off. We ran into the house and looked at the map to see where the nighlok attack was. It was on the edge of the forest. "It's on the edge of the forest on the east side of town." Jayden said. "Let's go guys." I said. We ran out of the shiba house and ran into a nighlok named Madimot. "Hold it right there nighlok." Jayden said. "We're going to whip you into shape." I added. "Do you really want to tangle with me? I'm Madimot, the baddest of the bad from the sanzu. I'm a bad, bad man." Madimot said. "Let's see if you can back up all that talk." Mike said. "Having backup is a good idea." Madimot said before using his whip to make one of our old swords appear. "It looks like..." John said. "The goblin sword!" I said. "Surprised? When the earth cracked open and you sealed Master Xandred in the netherworld your goblin sword fell into the crevice too. I saved him and made him my pet." Madimot said. "You're pet? No way." Joe said. "Ariel, you and your team have gotta get it back!" Jayden said. "My spell on him is too powerful. He's mine." Madimot said. "Everyone duck!" Jayden said. "Mike, get down!" Kevin said as he pushed Mike out of the way. "Kevin, look out!" I said as I pushed him out of the way but I couldn't duck fast enough. I got hit with the attack and went down. My eyes went from their natural brown color to bloodshot red.