Chapter 13 Finding out where the brides are

The next day we noticed that some brides were going missing from their wedding. We decided to throw a fake wedding but it didn't work. "The nighloks didn't take the bait." Mentor Ji said. "I thought our fake wedding would have worked for sure." Emily said. "Not this time." Mentor Ji said. "They must have targeted the church downtown and stole the bride from that one." I said. We went back to the shiba house and marked the places on the map where a bride was kidnapped. There were five brides so far that have been kidnapped, and there's about to be a lot more if we don't stop it. "Hey, look, it's in a pattern. In the shape of a star." Mike said. "You're right. Have you studied maps and crime patterns before?" Kevin asked. "Kinda. I watched a lot of cop shows." Mike said. "I used to watch this one show called cops. Was that one of the cop shows you watched?" I asked. "Yeah, that one and lots of other ones." Mike said. "Too much was left up to chance. We have to make sure we lure them in before any more brides are taken." Jayden said. "I can't even begin to imagine what those poor girls are going through." Mia said. "I can. The trama of being kidnapped, especially on their wedding day." I said. "This is supposed to be the happiest day of their lives. Not the scariest." Bri said. "Do you think they would have taken those brides to the sanzu river?" Emily asked. "No. The living can't survive there for long. The moggers must have used a gap to take them somewhere else." Mentor Ji said. "Wherever they are, if our sting operation had worked I could have helped those poor brides." Mia said. "We have to try again." Jayden said. "Jayden, are you crazy? They probably won't take the bait again, which would mean that more brides would get taken. There are multiple weddings in our area. How are we going to get them to come to our wedding?" I asked. Mentor Ji showed us a list of the weddings in their area. I saw just how much of a problem we have. There were so many. "I have an idea." Jayden said. "I just hope it's a good one." I said. We highlighted the ones that got cancelled and all of them were cancelled, except for one. "All of these weddings except one were cancelled?" Mia asked. "Yes, I had Jayden warn them all about the bride kidnappings." I said. "With only one left we know exactly which wedding the nighlok will hit." Jayden said. "I guess I'll have to be blushing bride bait again." Mia said. "Yeah, something tells me that you're happy to wear that dress again." Mike said. "Mike, every girl wants to wear a wedding dress. Maybe Mia more than others." Hannah said. "Hey, I'm a sucker for Cinderella." Mia said. Jayden raised an eyebrow at her. 🤨 "Okay, once we get a fixed on the location of the brides I'll send back the coordinates." Mia said. "And we'll be ready to come save them." Jayden said. We went to where the wedding was going to happen. The other samurai rangers got the groom while Mia met with the bride. "I'm so sorry to ruin your big day but we need your help." Mia said. That's when Mike came in with the groom. "Dude trust me, hide with the bride." Mike said. "We don't have much time to explain but believe me, it's for your own safety." Kevin said. "What's going on?" The bride asked. "Don't worry, it's just for a little while." Emily said. Then we started the plan. Like we would have expected the moggers showed up and kidnapped Mia. Jayden went after them and when he came around the corner of a brick wall he stopped. "They fell for it." Jayden said. That's when Mia found out who was behind it. "Now, what's the best way to welcome you pink samurai ranger?" Dayu said. Before Mia could morph Dayu grabbed her arm and brought it behind her. Dayu grabbed her morpher out of her hand. "Well now, what little bobble have you brought me?" Dayu said before twisting Mia's arm. "You thought you tricked me, didn't you? You think we haven't been watching you and your pathetic pals? Now I got you and the real bride as well." Dayu said not knowing that it was Emily. "No, but we hid her." Mia said. "Now you're going to call your friends, just like you planned. Tell them you found the brides then tell them to go to warehouse 32 near the docks." Dayu said. "Forget it. I won't help you send my friends into a trap." Mia said. "Oh, I think you will. Because if you don't, then I'll really give those brides something to cry about." Dayu said. Back at where the wedding was supposed to happen Jayden's samuraizer rings. "Are you alright?" Jayden asked. "Yes, I'm with the brides. We're in short town, near the docks, warehouse 32. And Jayden, please hurry." Mia said. "Okay, we're on our way." Jayden said before hanging up. "Jayden, this could be a trap. You should let me and my team go to the warehouse. We'll be able to see if it's a trap or not. If it is, we'll let you know." I said. "Okay, just be careful." Jayden said. "Don't worry, we will." I said. Then I turned to my team. "Let's go guys." I said. After my team left Emily called Jayden telling him where the brides really were. Meanwhile by the docks we came by the warehouse district. "That warehouse should be right around this corner." I said. We got to the warehouse where the trap was. "This has got to be it. Alright, let's take it slow and easy. Be ready for anything." I said as we walked into the warehouse. "I don't see them anywhere." Joe said. "Yeah, no sign of them." Carly said. Just then the big steel doors closed behind us. "I knew it!" I said. That's when we saw that there was dynamite in the warehouse. The warehouse exploded with us inside. I was sent into a coma from that, but everyone else was hurt from it, but not bad enough to be fatal. Meanwhile where the brides are Dayu must have known what happened. "Kaboom. You samurai rangers are no match for me. I haven't felt this good for a long time. Look at this gown. All the dased hopes and dreams it symbolizes. Oh how good it feels to throw a bridal shower, a bridal shower of tears that will raise the sanzu river and flood your pathetic world. This is the end for you. Go on moggers, get rid of her." Dayu said. Before the moggers or Dayu could make another move Jayden's lion sword attacked them and gave Mia her samuraizer back. "What? How in the world?" Dayu said just as Jayden walked in with Kevin and Mike. "How did you escape the warehouse?" Dayu asked. Mia stood up. "I think it's your turn to cry. I'm not the only samurai ranger that's been kidnapped today." Mia said. Just then Emily broke the thing the brides were in from the inside with her sword. "Two samurai ranger brides are twice as nice, don't you think?" Emily asked. "How could this be?" Dayu asked. "Pretty easily actually. When Mia traded places with that real bride to protect her, we made sure she had double bride protection." Emily said.