A letter to him

You and Jensen had been seeing eachother for a little over 7 months now and things weren't feeling the easiest anymore. With both of your work schedules, traveling, and short conversations you were feeling the exhaustion. He was amazing about it though, he did so much for you through all of this. Making sure he told you how much he cared, getting things like flowers or your favorite food sent to you when you two were apart for a while, and giving you reassurance you're the only one for him everytime you asked for it. Things felt like they were lacking on your side and it almost made you feel sick. After a few days of thinking you bought some of his favorite things that you were going to ship to him and you wrote him a letter. In the letter you said everything you could put into words. Eventhough it didn't feel like it was enough, you took a deep breath and closed it in the box and did your best to keep it a secret while you sent it off and waited for him to tell you he received it. The letter read:

"I didn’t fall in love with you because of your looks or because I was lonely, I fell in love with you because of how you made me feel, how you treat me, and all the little things about you. I've never felt so safe with a person, even when you've been angry you were respectful and gentle. You genuinely make me feel like I'm the only woman that matters to you. You've never made me feel like I need to compete to be in your life. Whether we're out with friends or home watching TV I'm always having a good time just being with you, I don't think I have ever met anyone that makes me as happy as I am when I'm around you. There are so many little things you do, that you've done since the beginning, and I don’t know if you even realize how important they are to me. I fell in love with your smile, laugh, eyes, singing, humor, cuddles, even the way you think. You make me want to be better without making me feel like I need to change. I feel like you're the first person I can actually relax with. I've always got some sort of guard up with my family, friends, literally anyone but with you I don't feel that. I can finally be the person I've wanted to be but have been too scared to and sometimes I feel like you bring out the best of me. It took me longer than it should've to really open up with you and let my guard down and I couldn't understand why until I realized that you're the guy everyone pretends to be. You're loving, kind, genuine, and a little dorky. I was waiting for you to drop the act but you didn't and I've never been so grateful to be wrong. From the beginning we've been open about what we were looking for and I really believe I found everything I wanted and more in you."

You meant every word you wrote, he made you feel a way noone else ever had before and even though it terrified you sometimes this was the best time of your life simply because of how much better he made things feel. You only hoped he felt the same way as you anxiously waited for him to get the box you sent to him.