Chapter 2.

Athena's POV:
It was 6am. My alarm woke me up quickly. My stomach ached from being so nervous about the events that would go on today. I turned over looking at Arabella sleeping peacefully.

I got ready, straightening my hair and clipping my front strands back. I got a black short dress that was somewhat dressy but nothing big. I eventually woke up Arabella and got her dressed and ready.

(You can picture the front of the dress that Athena wore)

My father had called me downstairs. I grabbed the things I packed and brought it down with Arabella hopping down the stairs carefully.

I saw my brothers downstairs waiting to tell me goodbye. I wasn't really close with them but they would do anything to protect me. My mother looked at with a bit of sorrow. Yes I was nervous but my dad wouldn't put me in any danger. Right?

The limo soon arrived. I told my brothers goodbye and then my mom. I told her that me and Arabella would be okay and nothing would happen but I couldn't make any promises.

I put everything in the trunk of the limo and put Arabella in the back, holding her in my lap since I didn't want to make a big deal with having to put the car seat in the limo.

After about an hour of driving, we finally arrived to the mansion I would soon be living in. I picked t my finger tips and Arabella just looked at me smiling. She was to young to understand at all what was planned. All I hoped was that she would like Lorenzo.

I got out the car and took my things out, holding Arabella in my arms. I had my guards bring my things to the door. My father had knocked on the front door. He hasn't said much to me and I didn't know why. I thought for sure he would be taking this time to talk to me. I brushed it off and tried not to think to much on it since I had a lot more to worry about.

I set Arabella down and held her onto soft hand.

The front door opened and I felt my stomach start aching even more. I gripped Arabella's hand and she just looked at me as I looked at the door. I knew this would change everything going on in my life. 

My eyes met a handsome, tall man. He looked a little older than me. I went straight to guessing who it was and it had to be Lorenzo. He had a sharp jawline, veins that ran down his hands. He seemed very muscular. It seems like he was either very athletic or worked out constantly.

My father took his hand out to shake Lorenzo's. They greeted each other in a very awkward way and it made me slightly cringe.

"Lorenzo, Athena. Athena, Lorenzo" my father spoke. I shook his hand. His hand was cold while mine was warm. Everything already seemed opposite between us. He seemed so cold hearted and that's all I've heard about. 

He then looked down at Arabella and she held onto my hand tighter than before and she linked onto my leg. I reassured her that she should have nothing to worry about. He tapped her head and turned around.

"I'm taking you now. The guards will bring your bags to your room." I nodded slowly and turned to my dad, wrapping my arms around him. Lorenzo took my arm and slightly pulled me towards him. Someone was in a rush.

My father left. Arabella looked confused and scared and I felt bad because she still wouldn't understand.

Lorenzo brought me to my room, showing Arabella her room. It was nice and big with a baby pink theme to it and some white added along. She hugged his leg but he had no emotion.

"Come down for dinner at 7pm sharp. Do not be late." He sounded intimidating. He looked much like his father and had his mothers eyes which were a beautiful feature on him. He put an effect on me that I don't try ink anyone could. He made me nervous and gave my stomach this burn. People call that 'butterflies'.

I eventually came down after tidying myself up to look somewhat decent. I picked Arabella up and walked downstairs, walking into the kitchen, locking eyes with him. I quickly looked away and sat down and put Arabella in my lap.

An awkward silence filled the room. Apparently his parents lived in there other house that was in California. Lorenzo had many guards all over the house. Possibly even each sitting at each corner of the house.

"I can hold her while you eat if it makes it easier.." he spoke. He had a deep almost raspy voice that matched his face features perfectly.

I looked at Arabella as she slightly nodded. I passed her down to Lorenzo as I picked at my food. I could feel his eyes burning into my body. He kept his eyes on my face. I thought there was something on my face so I was worried.

He smirked slightly and looked away from me, cutting up some carrots and tomatoes that came from the salad to give to Arabella. I didn't think he would really care for her but I may not have much to worry about now.

After we ate I wiped my mouth gently with the napkin that was beside me on the table. "I know I have a cold heart trust me, but nobody will hurt my girls. You have nothing to worry about. I promise." He said in a very demanding way, making sure I understood. I felt better about this.

He took the plate from me and took his, brining it to the kitchen, putting them in the sink, still having Arabella in his arms. "You can go take a shower. I got Arabella." I didn't talk much considering everything he did and said intimidated me very much. I eventually had to speak up. "Thank you. I already gave her a shower so you don't need to worry about that but if you could maybe read her a book that would be nice. It's past her bedtime."

He nodded slowly, soaking my words in. He brought Arabella up to his room and I went into the bathroom. I washed my hair, enjoying the warm water that hit my soft tan skin. Lorenzo came up in my mind. Maybe this wasn't a bad idea. We could work things out and maybe we would fall in love and go on from there. But was it safe? I kept the question in my head.

I got out the shower, drying up the water that dripped down my body. I got dressed and braided my hair like I always do. I brushed my teeth and put on some socks.

Lorenzo's POV:
Athena was taking a shower or do whatever she did at night. I took Arabella from her. I had to deal with her for the rest of my life. I didn't like kids but I had to eventually get use to Arabella so what would be the point of ignoring her. I don't want her to go what I did. I want her to have a father that will actually take care of her and make sure she's okay and stays out of trouble.

Athena was a beauty I won't lie. I thought she would be some ugly troll looking thing like all my hookups did. I didn't want to fall in love though. It was out of my mind. Yes I had to marry her but I didn't want to actually love her. I want her to be safe and I wanted the same for Arabella.

I read her a book and she was snuggled up against my chest while my arm was wrapped around her. She was a good kid which made things better for me. And a lot easier. She fell asleep quickly. I hope she liked me. I don't want to scare her.

What if she wanted siblings? What if Athena wanted more kids? I wonder how she even got Arabella. I hope nobody mistreated her. I swear to God I will find out who did if that's what happened.

But why did I care?.

AN:
CHAPTER 2 DONE! I'm proud of the progress but I'm hoping things will get better from here.
Make sure to check my socials for updates 🩰.