Chapter 3.

Make sure to vote☕️
🫶
Athena's POV:
It was late. Arabella was asleep in Lorenzo's room. I knew I had to sleep with my soon to be husband tonight for the first time. Maybe it won't be so bad?

See that's what I thought.

I walked into his room slowly. I met his dark brown eyes that reminded me of chocolate. I think I've mentioned that before. I shut the door softly, making sure not to wake up Arabella.

I slid under the covers, Arabella in between me and Lorenzo. He kept his gaze on me as I picked up a book and read it. How will this even work. I know he doesn't enjoy my company. Does he even like me. Is it my body he is looking at?
I guess could loose some pounds...maybe
I'm overthinking this to much... brush it off and go to sleep. It's late.

Lorenzo's POV:
She was a godess. No wonder her name is Athena. She's perfect and I hope she knows that.
Maybe she thinks I'm judging her..I should stop staring.

She was a beauty. She had natural gorgeous brown hair that had one or two random blonde streaks. It was cute.

The thing that made me feel better was that she trusted me with her child. I still wondered how she had her. Obviously it had to be a mistake. She's to young and she's apart of the biggest mafia in the city. Things weren't just planned this way for her and I needed to get to the bottom of this.

I wasn't just going to go straight to asking her about her past. I didn't want to bring up anything that would make her nervous or scared. She seemed peaceful and I didn't want to bother her.

I turned my side lamp off, signaling that I was heading to sleep. She did the same not to long after. She set her book down on the side and held onto Arabella's hand. I rolled over to where I was facing the opposite way of her.

The sun rose, letting some sunlight come through the curtains. Athena and Arabella were still peacefully asleep. I didn't wake them. I got up, brushing my teeth and put on some shorts.

I went to go cook breakfast. I made some pancakes and I made sure to get strawberry's and bananas. I heard footsteps coming from the staircase.

Athena looked liked she had gotten fucked 20 times. I guess the mornings weren't her thing. She still looked good, I will admit. She had Arabella attached to her hip. They seemed to have a good bond and I didn't want to ruin that for either of them. Athena looked like she was still tired. My eyes quickly met hers and she sat down at the table where there were pancakes, cutting it up and giving some prices to Arabella while giving some to herself. I sit down across from her, just eating a banana.

"Did you sleep well?." I guess the term 'the silence is loud' is true.

"Yes I did. Thank you for asking. What about you?" Her voice was soft and quiet. She almost had a whisper voice. I don't know if it's because she's still tired or just intimidated by me.

"I slept well. I have to go to work soon. I'm expecting you to stay here. I don't need you getting into any trouble. Understood?". She nodded slowly and looked at Arabella. "Do you have a garden?". It was such a random question but I shook my head and a smile plastered against her lips.

I got up from the table, taking the dishes off the table and brining them over to the sink to wash them.

After a while I went upstairs, getting ready to leave. I completely forgot to give Athena my number just in case anything happens or she needs something. I saw her phone sitting on the side desk. I grabbed in and out in my phone number, making sure it saved. I put the phone down and grabbed my blazer.

I came downstairs, leaning on the stairs railing and watching Athena and Arabella run around the couch, chasing each other. I didn't like kids very much but maybe Arabella changed my thoughts on kids. Or maybe she's just better than the other ones.

Athena's POV:
My eyes meet Lorenzo's and I pause while Arabella still thinks I'm chasing her so she keeps running, not looking up and bumps into my leg, falling over and giggling then getting up and facing Enzo.

He walks down the stairs, handing me my phone and I take it from him. I must've left it in the room.

"I'm going to work. I put my number on your phone just in case you need anything." I nod and I see Arabella attaching herself to his leg. "Don't go.." he pats her head and makes a fake frown then smiles at her, "I have to go sweetheart. I'll be back later. We can make cookies when I come home. I pinky promise." He takes his pinky out and he takes Arabellas pinky and attaching his to hers.

It's like he lived her more than he was supposed to love me. Why was I even jealous. I mean I'm supposed to be getting the attention. That's MY baby anyways.

He takes my hand, kissing it softly and gives me a slight smirk and I roll my eyes. "Goodbye Tempest. Have fun at work?". He nods, hugging Arabella one last time before he walked towards the front door, opening it and turning around, our eyes meeting. "Goodbye Louis, soon to be Tempest."

So we're calling each other by our last names now?