The walking old man

So I rewrote the ending to tall tale heart

and i want some feedback

i'll give a thing for the story

basically a guy  killed a old man cause he didnt like his eye , after killing the old man he put him under the floor boards , someone had heard the old man and called the police , the crazy guy went more crazy because he heard his own heart beat and mistook it for the old man's heart beat and he confessed to killing the man to the police who werent event suspicious

https://poemuseum.org/the-tell-tale-heart/ is where you can find the whole story

and heres my rewrite of the ending

"The officers were satisfied. My manner had convinced them. I was singularly at ease. They sat, and while I answered cheerily, they chatted of familiar things. But, erelong, I felt myself getting pale and wished them gone. I felt a hit from under my chair but chose to ignore it as it was probably nothing. My cheery smile soon faded as I felt more and more hits from under my seat. One of the cops gave me a glance of worry, "Are you alright?", he asked with a glimpse of concern. I sighed, thinking of an answer before another harsh hit to the bottom of my seat made me jump off and move the chair, my eyes widening at the floorboard from which my seat was on top of. The floorboard moved with every hit. I took a few steps back, hearing a ringing in my ears. He's still alive, I'm gonna get caught. Thoughts raced through my head as I watched the floorboard move from hits underneath. Both of the police officers had got up off their seats and one of them pointed at me and the other went to pull up the floorboard. "I- I don't know what's happening!", I spat out nervously. The officer who went and pulled up the floorboard jumped back with a look of utter horror on their face. "What did you do to him!?", they gasped as they sent me a confused and terrified look. I didn't know what they meant until I saw a mangled, bloody, and pale thing pull itself up. The officer who was pointing their weapon at me started pointing their weapon at the creature instead, a similar look of horror on their face. The creature looked around a small amount before its eyes fixed on me. It knows. Of course it does! I backed up, making eye contact with the thing. The next thing I know the creature is dashing at me at full speed. I jump to the left to get out of its direction but fell over as it grabbed my ankle. It was snarling and growling at me, hideous eyes staring into my soul. "GET OFF YOU- YOU FREAK!", I shouted at the thing, trying to pull my ankle away. It ignored my demand and tightened its grip on my leg. All I did was blink, blink! Then I heard a gut-turning sound as I felt the most sickening pain in my leg and after a minute my eyes finally registered what I was seeing. The creature was- was eating my leg!"