𝘼 𝙁𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙁𝙐𝙇 𝙉𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏

══ Chapter One ══

═══ Chapter One ═══

ᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔ

It was a stormy night and the thunder drowned out any other noise. For once, Alyssa thanked the gods for that, she didn't want anyone to hear her cry. However, someone had heard.

Lucerys knew he wasn't supposed to be here. Curiousity had gotten the best of him and so, he had quietly gotten out of bed and followed the hallway in the direction of the sobs. He soon found himself in front of a door. After a moment of consideration, the boy gently pushed it open and peeked inside.

Alyssa, who by that point wasn't crying anymore, quickly turned around at the sound of the door opening. She quickly wiped her tears away. "What do you want?", she asked harshly.

"Well, I heard someone crying, I'm sorry if I disturbed you", Lucerys answered. His mother had always told him to be nice to a girl, even if she was not.

Alyssa just looked at the boy, unsure if she should talk to him. Her mother had told her that Rhaenyra's sons were mean and scary, but he seemed...kind.

"Would you...sit with me for a bit?", Alyssa finally spoke. Lucerys gave her a smile and did as she had asked. They two chidren sat next to each other in a comfortable silence, lost in their own thoughts.

"If I may ask, why were you crying?", Lucerys asked and the dreamy smile faded from Alyssa's face.

"I had a fight with my mother...I don’t really want to talk about it..."

"It’s alright, you don’t have to."

Lucerys stayed with Alyssa for a while longer and then headed back to his chambers.

The next day, he took her with him to his fighting lessons and over time, she and the Velaryon boys became inseperable.

Alicent was furious once she heard that her daughter had forged a friendship with "the boys who gave your brother a pig" but she quickly realized that her youngest was more determined than she thought and eventually didn't speak against it anymore.

A few months went by and the situation had (more or less) cooled down. Until that damned night on Driftmark.

ᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔᚔ

Author's Note:

I've decided to rewrite the whole book (which sounds like more effort than it actually is lol), let me know what you think.
Thanks for reading!