𝔖𝔦𝔵: 𝔗𝔥𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔩𝔰

There was a light knock at Cora's door, she was in the middle of putting on her shoe.

"one second" she hopped over to the door on one leg still trying to put on her shoe.

She opened the door and saw Draco leaning on the frame.

"you ready?" he asked.

She grabbed his arm to hold steady he grabbed her arm as well .she struggled to get her shoe on

"you could always untie the shoe" Draco suggested

"that." Cora grunts in frustration "take more time" Cora started stomping her foot on the ground

"yes and this is so much faster." Draco lightly flinched she then swished her foot around as if she was trying to kill a bug

"ahh I got it." she smiled "let's go!" she shut her door and began heading down the stairs, Draco shook his head and laughed "you are something else, Riddle"

They headed to the Great Hall and sat where they always do.

"does it hurt terribly Draco?" pansy asked. "not anymore," Draco said calmly

Mattheo scoffed "what's your problem"Cora snapped at him.
Mattheo shook his head "nothing"

"well it's obviously something you've been acting like a jerk for weeks" Cora was getting angrier and angrier by the second
"I don't wanna talk about it" he shrugged his shoulders.

Cora looked at pansy "are you two in a fight?" Pansy shook her head. "my love life happens to be none of your business, Malanie!"

Cora knew he was angry now he only calls her by her middle name when he's upset about something.

"Well, I'm sitting here wondering why my brother won't even look at me!" Cora added. "Black hair, Green eyes, Robe." Mattheo started listing what she was wearing and looked like without even looking at her

"not what I meant" she placed her fork back on her plate. "I'm not hungry anymore Draco ill meet you in class."

Cora stormed off heading towards the forbidden forest to walk off her anger. She was walking fast almost running, trying to figure out why her brother was acting this way.

She looked out into the fog and darkness with skeletal creatures the size of a horse, with a reptilian hide, white eyes, and leathery black wings everywhere.
She then saw a waist-length dirty blond hair girl and a dazed, dreamy look on her face. She would pet the creatures while Cora snuck behind her in complete shock at these 'things'.

"You're not  mad." the girl said feeding the creatures a piece of raw meat
"I can see them too. You're just as sane as I am." she smiled at Cora she slightly tilted her head "I'm Luna" Cora nodded and looked back at the creatures "Cora Yates"

Cora looked down and saw Lunas DAWGS LOOSE

"Your feet. Aren't they cold?" she asked luna

"A Bit. Unfortunately, all my shoes have  disappeared. I suspect the Nargles are behind it" they both studied these creatures in front of them she questioned luna once more

"what are they?" Cora was almost disgusted and mesmerized at the same time.

She answered in a calming voice
"They're  Thestrals. they're  gentle, really, but people avoid them  they're a bit"
luna paused as the creature roared Cora laughed and finished Luna's sentence "Different."

Cora looked at the baby across the field.

"But why can't the others see them?" Cora quizzed.

"They can only be seen by people who've seen death." Luna began to walk and Cora followed.