Dr. Light pt 2

This Dr. Light is a little trigger happy I thought to myself as Starfire and I made our way to grab either end of the sheet of metal we needed. The beams of light seemed to be flying faster and faster in our direction. High pitched cackling could be heard between the sounds of the light beams firing into the concrete around us. This guy is unhinged...

"Do you have your end secured?" Starfire asked.

I tentatively touched the edge of the metal, noticing how sharp it was. Gripping it tightly, I said "yep! Just be careful, it seems a little sharp."

Starfire nodded, and we waited for Raven to get our cover into place. Raven waited a moment in front of us with her hand outstretched. She seemed to be waiting for a break in the firing. Three more bolts of light fired and then there was a moment of silence.

"Now!" Robin yelled.

As he, Beastboy, and Cyborg jumped over the concrete barrier to our right, Raven used her powers to shield us from the new onslaught of light beams. Starfire and I began rising into the air slowly, holding tight to the piece of metal in our hands. The beams of light began firing once more. "Raven!" I yelled as we left the safety of our cover, "we're in position!"

Raven let down her hands and her powers faded from view. From this high up, Starfire and I could clearly see Dr. Light in the control room. We made eye contact, and he yelled and went to fire another beam of light. "Get ready Starfire!" I yelled.

She turned at me to nod, but then her gaze went past me as she yelled "Robin! Look out!"

I turned back towards the control room and saw what she meant. Dr. Light had noticed our companions and was shifting his machine towards them. He wasn't supposed to notice them! He was supposed to be focused on us! I thought to myself.

Starfire dropped the metal sheet on her side, flying quickly towards our friends. I cried out as the weight of the metal shifted to my side and it slipped down the palms of my hand, slicing into my bottom hand deeply as I tried to compensate for the weight shift. I dropped the metal and it rang out as it hit the floor of the building.

Starfire reached Robin and shoved him behind a concrete pillar. But it didn't matter anymore, as the ringing had unfortunately alerted our foe to my position. And my lack of protection. I noticed his smile as he turned the machine on me again.

"Shoot shoot shoot!" I yelled.

"Haha that's the point!" Dr. Light shouted as he pressed the trigger on his machine.