Trouble (Again)

I woke up at about 9 pm. It was getting pretty dark outside, so I decided it would be the perfect time for a little night flying session. With no light outside to alert civilians of my presence, it was the perfect time for me to get some fresh air, do some training, and let the wind run through my hair and wings. I grabbed a pair of goggles from my bag, put on my hoodie, and let my wings out. I'd always been afraid of needing my wings, but not being able to get them because of certain clothing choices, such as jackets and tight clothes, so I'd always cut slits down the tops I owned so my wings could be freed at a moments notice. 

I climbed up to the roof, getting a running start, and threw myself in the air off the side of the building. I then began flapping my wings, allowing myself to climb higher and higher in the air. I then pulled on my goggles. Alright, I guess this is as good a time as any to work on some stuff. I started off easy, just flying through the air at a slow pace, gliding on the wind. Then I picked up the pace, sprinting through the cold air as fast as I could. I dived down and then free fell for a few seconds, twisting onto my back. At the last minute, I twisted again, and glided effortlessly between buildings, being careful to stay at a fast enough pace that no one would think twice about looking at me. But also being slow enough to not collide into any buildings. That would kind of put a bit of a damper on things, such as living. Then, I heard a scream. Okay, this time someone is definitely in trouble. I turned and flew as quickly as I could towards panicked voices all crying out at once. The voices led me to a shopping center. I dropped down behind a wall and quickly tucked my wings back in my jacket, leaving my goggles on. I ran into the shopping center, pushing people out of my way as the crowd rushed in the opposite direction. I saw a group of teens, all stealing from the now abandoned stores. There was a girl with pink hair and grey skin, a small boy with metal legs protruding from his backpack, a large man with strong muscles, multiple copies of one boy with a division symbol on his outfit,a boy with a giant eye on his forehead, and a boy in all black with a vampire looking demeanor. All of them were wearing strange costumes, so I assumed they were some of the villains in this city. And I guess I was the one who was going to stop them. "Hey!" I yelled. "Stop that! Stealing is wrong!" 

"Well aren't you a brave little girl," the small boy laughed. "Don't you know who we are?" 

"No not really." I truthfully said. 

"Oh... Well we're... The hive five!" The girl said. 

"But... there are six of you," I retorted, only to be bowled over by a runaway shopping cart. 

"Yeah!" The boy yelled. "That's what you get for messing with us! Nice one Jinx." 

"Thanks, Gizmo," the girl responded. 

Well now I knew what two of their names were. Time to start kicking butt... I quickly climbed up to the second level of the structure, deciding to target the bigger guy first. I picked up a broken piece of concrete, struggling under its weight. "Hey ugly!" I yelled down to the muscly guy. As soon as he turned his head towards me, I dropped the concrete, whipping out my wings and flapping them down as hard as I could to propel the projectile straight into his head. He stumbled for a moment, but the concrete didn't seem to do any real damage. "What the..." I gasped. Suddenly, a cable was wrapped around my leg, sharply pulling me to the ground. "Ahhh!" I yelled, colliding into a table and some chairs. I was then pulled up by my throat, the hand belonging to the extremely strong man. I gasped for breath, starting to black out, when suddenly the pressure was gone and I was on solid ground again. I heard a familiar voice yell,"Titans, go!" It was Robin. "Nice of you to join," I coughed, still struggling to breathe. 

"You okay, Wren?" Robin asked me. 

"I'll live. Probably." I wheezed. "Let's just beat the bad guys, huh? I'm a bit tired of their snarky attitudes." 

Robin smiled at my eagerness to get back into the fight, and immediately goes to attack the large man. Beast boy was scuffling with the man with the eye, Cyborg with the small boy, Raven with the boy who was dressed in all black, Starfire with Jinx, and that left the boy who could make copies of himself to me. I flew in front of him, saying, "hi I'm Wren! I'll be kicking your butt today. What'll it be? A kick to the face, some punch, or a nice little breeze to cool off?" 

"I'm Billy Numerous, and I'd rather have more than three options." And with that, he divided into about ten copies. I flew up as high as I could and looked down. He looked very confused, but must have assumed that I was abandoning the fight. As he let his guard down, I flew back down, opening my wings at the last second to create another huge gust of wind. That caused all his copies to fly into the side of the building, knocking Billy unconscious. I turned to see Starfire struggling with Jinx, so I flew behind Jinx as quietly as I could and kicked her in the side of the head. She stumbled for a moment, but that was all Starfire needed to gain the upper hand and blast the girl with a green bolt of light. "Thank you for your assistance." Starfire gratefully said. 

"No problem, Starfire." I responded, smiling at her. "Glad I could help." 

She smiled back at me, and eventually, we all grouped together after defeating the group of villains. "Well," I sighed. "That was... eventful. Thanks for saving my butt you guys." 

"I'm sorry, but what it not your throat we saved?" Starfire asked innocently. "I did not think that your butt was in danger." 

"It's just an expression, Star," Robin said. 

"I'd better get back to where I'm staying." I quietly said, scratching my head. 

"Actually, Wren," Cyborg piped up, "We know you've been staying in that old warehouse. And we were all wondering why?" 

I looked into all their concerned faces, wondering why they would care about my living arrangements. "Well..." I started, "I just needed a place to stay while I was here and I can't exactly afford a motel room. So I figured an abandoned building was better than nothing. As long as no one steals my stuff." 

"Well not anymore!" Beast boy said excitedly, "we'd like to invite you to stay at Titan's tower. We have running water, food, a bed for you to sleep on, and video games!" 

"This isn't some excuse to keep an eye on me, right?" I asked suspiciously. 

"Uh... no..." Beast boy responded, looking to the left as he spoke. 

"You just looked to the left." I said. "That means you're lying." They all looked down guiltily as I called them out. "But..." I continued, "I never pass up food and a place to stay. So I'm in." 

What am I getting myself into...