Chapter 6

Author's note bistec de puerco empanizado.is breaded pork steak.

Rafael was almost shaking with nerves as he parked his red mustang across the street from his new home in Brooklyn. He worked in Brooklyn now too. His life had undergone some changes lately, but they were good changes.

He stepped out of the vehicle holding a bag of gifts for his girlfriend, and his briefcase. He shut the car door. He walked slowly up to the old brownstone. He inserted his key, entered the house and, locked the door behind him. He placed the gifts and briefcase by the door, and walked into the kitchen to prepare dinner for 2.
Rafael and Adria moved into the house 2 weeks ago. Since they moved in, she only left it to go to work, and everyday she told him she loved him. It was like old times, when they first started dating. He was in the kitchen for an hour when he heard her voice. "I'm home.""I'm in the kitchen." He called. A few moments later, Adria walked into the kitchen, Rafael was standing behind a counter. She came up behind him, and began kissing his neck. "Hello" Rafael said, an instant smile on his face."Hola guapo" She whispered, seductively, kissing his ear. "What's cooking?"
"Your favorite bistec de puerco empanizado."" He answered."You spoil me." She said, laughing and kissing his neck again. He smiled, found her lips, and kissed her back passionately."I need about a half an hour to set everything up." He informed her.
She pecked him on the lips. "I'll give you an hour. I need to shower, freshen up, put on something sexy.""You're always sexy." He answered, giving her a quick kiss. She laughed, and walked quickly out of the room, her heels clicking as she moved. 5 minutes later, Rafael heard the shower running. He walked out of the kitchen, and to the front door. He looked at the bag he left there, placed his hand in the bag, and pulled out Adria 's favorite soap. He walked upstairs to the master bedroom.

"I have to wait till he falls asleep. I'll see you at midnight. I miss you so much, the things I wanna do to you." Adria said softly into the phone as Rafael stood in the doorway. She laughed, listening to what was happening on the other end of the line.

"Am I interrupting?" Rafael questioned, sarcastically. Adria hung up the phone without saying another word, she got off of the bed, and ran to Rafael.

"No, I was just getting in the shower. Care to join me?" The shower should be good, and hot by now."

"I bought you a bar of your favorite soap today. I heard every word you said." He handed her the soap. "Here, consider it a parting gift.." He turned away from her, and ran down the stairs. He had just made it to the ground when he heard her footsteps. He moved away from the stairs as she walked down."Rafi, I love you." She said in a rush, when she was off the stairs."Don't." He said, turning to face the woman he had lived with for the last 2 years."I love you, It was a mistake, Rafi. He means nothing to me!"

"How long Adria?"

"Not long." She said, tears glistening in her eyes. "He's Isabela's son."

"I don't care who he is." Rafael grabbed something from his pocket. "I should thank-you. You just stopped me from making the biggest mistake of my life." Rafael held up a black box. He opened the box, and quickly flashed a big diamond ring at her.

"I'm so sorry, but we can work this out."

"I'm going to my mother's. You have 31 days to get out of my house. I'm being generous, and if you damage anything I will sue you. I took pictures of everything when we moved in." With these words, Rafael moved to the door, opened it, and walked out, leaving Adria alone.