Chapter 4: The fairy of my mind (Fairy Tales)

"I can see your brain ticking away buddy. What is it?"

Mirio's voice brought Tamaki back to reality. He had a blank stare at the sky, which didn't go unnoticed by his friend. He turned and quickly searched for an answer to his question.

"It's nothing... just... some thoughts. Nothing to be worried about."

"Come on Tamaki. I know you too good since we were kids. There is something inside that head of yours."

It wasn't the right time to talk about what he had, because he knew it would be awkward to reintroduce that topic, especially knowing that he was new to that specialty. He wanted to skip the question. He decided not to answer his friend, to remain silent. Maybe that way he might lose interest. However, Mirio was someone who understood his mind perfectly.

"Is it about what you told me some days ago?"

Those words were enough to know that Mirio knew what he was thinking. Tamaki knew that it could have been a serious mistake to trust him with a secret that was too intimate, but he could no longer change the time.

He blushed, while his friend showed an innocent smile for having hit the nail on the head. He guessed right away what Tamaki was thinking.

"Am I too obvious with my feelings?" the boy asked, nervous.

"Heh, you are hiding them perfectly Tamaki. But you can't dodge me."

When he revealed him the love he had for Nejire, Mirio looked at him tenderly while he blushed more than usual. He looked at the wall, as Mirio said how amazing Tamaki was for wanting to take a step further with her. He always saw them cute together, and was thrilled to know how Tamaki wanted to take the initiative, knowing his social anxiety.

Only Mirio knew about the feelings Tamaki had for Nejire.

"Daydreaming feels great, you know?"

"It will be great if you manage to get those feelings out, however."

Tamaki simply covered his face with his costume, while Mirio laughed lightly at how cute his friend looked. He was new to experiencing those feelings, he could sense it.

"Just... look at her... we are so different in every aspect. I know I can ask her, but, what if she rejects me? Do you really think I have a chance?"

"Of course my friend!" Mirio said with emotion. "You two have been making an adventure since that day, and look at you both now. I'm pretty sure she is going to say yes and you both will finally be a happy couple."

Mirio was very optimistic. He had been telling him that he had to try, that life was only one and he wasn't going to lose anything. He really had faith that Nejire was going to say yes, but Tamaki was afraid it wouldn't be so.

"I'm going to be honest. I really want to be as positive as you... I don't know if she wants to make the next step with me."

"Well, there will be a right moment Tamaki. And you should be ready for it. I can assure you, Nejire have a great image of you, and before you know it, you will be celebrating a wedding with me clapping for you, being proud of your progress with her."

Tamaki really appreciated how his friend supported him with what he had. Even though he was too open and too expressive, Mirio captured perfectly what he felt. It was amazing how their friendship had grown to that point where they would trust and keep big secrets like that to each other.

"By the way, where is she?" asked Tamaki.

"She said she had to evacuate some civvies in the next square. Don't worry, after this mission, we can have some sushi with her." Mirio answered him.