Save the Date

A muffled alarm sounded in the distance. It was hidden beneath a mixture of shirts, pants, and underwear. But even though it was thought to be snuffed out, it still could be heard ringing; its soft hum breaking the still and stale air of the room. It rang for about thirty more seconds until it was hit with another pile of clothes. This new pile sent the clock crashing to the floor and into muffled silence. A groan could be heard from the bed, as a boy made his presence finally known. The boy's greasy dirty blonde hair popped up from his blankets.

"AhHHhHHgh!!!"

He then groaned again, this time knocking his blanket to the ground, revealing himself in bed in just his underwear

He then groaned again, this time knocking his blanket to the ground, revealing himself in bed in just his underwear. He then looked up at his calendar with anticipation. Everyday was crossed out with an x, except for today, which was circled multiple times and had a phrase written in all caps. It read,

"TODAY IS THE DAY!!!"

He then slapped his face with his hands, "Alright! Let's do thi-"

But before he could finish his pep talk, his door flew open and a red haired woman with disheveled hair stood in his doorway.

"Alexander Gran Star!! If you don't get your ass up and out of this bed, I swear on your father's grave, I will end you!"

"Ahhh! Mom! Haven't you ever heard of knocking?"

"When you pay bills, you can barge in wherever you want. Now get in the shower before I knock your head off."

The boy then rushed up and ran past her, and down the hallway, tripping over himself along the way. When the door closed, and you could hear the water running, a man could be seen walking up the stairs with a cup of coffee in one hand, and a paper in the other. He took a sip of his coffee and looked at the door. He looked mildly surprised as he turned to the red-headed woman.

"What's got him all worked up?"

"Nothing dear," she then leaned in and kissed him on his cheek, "he's just excited is all. Today is the ceremony."

The dad nearly spit out his coffee, "That's today!?"

She groaned, "Yes dear. It's also someone's anniversary."

He peered over his glasses, "Is it Jen?"

The woman's jaw dropped, and then she immediately grabbed his newspaper and proceeded to beat him with it, "No you idiot! It's not your stupid daughter-it's me! Me!"

"Ah! Ah-ah! Honey-honey wait wait!"

She stopped hitting him for only a second, "..."

"Don't you mean, us? Hehe, right?"

His smirk was almost immediately knocked clean off his face, when his wife used the daily press as an instrument of justice. When she had finished, she threw the paper down and stomped down the steps. The man did not live in that shame long however, as another voice shook him from his trance.