Beginning of the End

"Today sucks!" Alex exclaimed, closing his gym locker

"Ugh, here he goes again...." the other students let out, as they grabbed their supplies.

"What's going on here, boys?" said one of their teachers as they walked up to the rowdy group of young men.

"Nothing Mr. Duckhorn, Alex is just complaining... again."

"Again Mr. Star? Just hurry up and grab your stuff, the bus leaves in 10 minutes. Though, I'm sure this wouldn't have been a problem if you weren't already late."

As he and the kids all walked out of the locker room, their bags at the ready, someone replaced them next to Alex. It was a chubby kid, with almond skin, and a curly afro.

"You take any longer, and we'll lose all the good seats."

Alex simply looked up at him annoyed, "I'm not in the mood, Xan."

"Well I'm in the mood, so what's gotchu down?"

"Ugh.... this."

Alex then pulled out his swim trunks, and showed the big hole they had in them. Even one of the drawstrings was pulled so hard that it was simply one long string.

"So what's the problem?"

"Can't you see?"

"Nah I actually don't have my glasses." Xander then paused to put on his glasses. "Dam!"

"Ugh! Thanks!"

"I mean, ight look, I'm sorry. But, where'd you get those? World War 2?"

"They're my dad's!"

"...was he in World War 2?"

"UGH!! I can't go like this, they'll all make fun of me. And even if I manage to catch a feather, Nailah will never want a bum like me."

"I mean she wears dog ears man, how high can her standards be?"

"They're wolf ears! And very! She's amazing! Haven't you seen her in science? Dam that girl is a beautiful genius!"

Xander was now packing a model rocket into his bag, but stopped to gesture with it when he heard Alex finish his thought, "Wait, since when do you care so much about science? I tried to tell you about this water based propulsion system for rockets and-"

"BOOOOORING. Dude no offense, no one cares."

"Fuck you, I care."

"Dude, c'mon, if this was Cynthia I bet it'd be different. You never liked band kids, but all of a sudden she joins, and I see you at every football game cheering on the marimba."

"She plays a dam good marimba, and you know it."

"Look man, just go with me on this. This is my Cynthia."