Bad seed chapter 17- The truth comes out with the final goodbye

-Carnell-

Today is the day, today is the day I say goodbye to my mother for the last and final time.  Bryan has been by my side all morning, I have not gotten any sleep since I have been out and last night was no different.  We pulled up to the church and the parking lot was almost halfway full, today I will see people I have not seen since I was a baby.  We made our way into the church, we walked in the sanctuary and I was heartbroken.  Everyone else stayed back except for Bryan, he walked me over to my mother's casket.     I looked at her and she still looked the same, she looked like me, there was so much that I needed to say but I could not find the words.  Bryan pulled me into a hug because lord knows I needed it, that's when we I was the rest of the boys walking down the aisle.

"You guys really came," I said

"Of course we did"" Dustin said

"How are you holding up?" Patrick asked

"I'm trying to do the best I can, but it's hard.  I was such a mama's boy because she was the only parent I had."

"Dang that's rough, well boys I think we need to give Nellz some space before everyone starts to gather in" I hear Patrick tell the rest of them

"Mom, I feel so out of place right now. You were everything to me and I am so sorry about all the worry I put you through.  Whenever I needed you, you were there for me, the one time you needed me to protect you and I wasn't there.  I know I would always tell you how much I loved you and I meant it every time, I have no parents now.  I have no idea why he would do this you did not deserve this; I know I have to make you proud and I will.  I am so glad that I got the chance to say I love you the last time I saw you, you were truly my best friend, I love you mom.

**********************************************************

We buried her and everything was over, my mother was truly gone.  I would never be able to see her smile or feel her hugs.  Everyone went their separate ways, I was able to go home and shower and get lost in my thoughts.  Bryan was trying to talk to me but I didn't want to hear it, so here I am in my new room trying to start my new life.  I feel lost without my mom; I swear to god if I ever get the chance to see my sperm donor, I'm going to ruin his life.  I still have my Aunt, she is like my second mother and Bryan's dad seems legit, my mom knew what she was doing. She knows I'm going to be taken care of.  It's still hard for me to think that I'll never be able to see her, talk to her or hug her. I wish I had never joined AMK, none of this would have happened. I could have been at home to stop him, he took my mom away from me and I'll make sure he will pay.

********************************************************

-Bryan-

Carnell has been in his room for the last two hours, when I went to check on him the first time I found him sleeping. My mom and I have been talking Carnell may be going back to school on Monday; she has all his paper work settled. I just hope that Marcos and his goons will leave us alone, they are still out to get us and they will not stop until I'm dead.  I have no idea about what I should do, if I go to the cops, I'll end up in Juvie.  I never should have gotten involved with A.M.K. I had a lot more fun getting in trouble by myself. I dragged my cousin into this and now his life is messed up forever, I need to end this and I'll get my brothers to help me. I called Dustin and he came and got me.  When we got to the house, our dad was not there so we went straight upstairs to come up with a plan.

"Guys, Baylee says Marc is going to try and kill me. Nigga is crazy so he just might do it" I said

"As long as we are here Bryan he will not lay a finger on you, we have your back" Pat said