Bad Seed chapter 1- you don't know

“Bryan it’s time for you to get up”

I hear my mom say as I bury my face in the pillow trying to fall asleep, its 6:00 and I really don’t feel like getting out of my bed and going to school, I might just skip I do it some much anyway, but I don’t want my mom all over me.  So I get up and hit the shower and I stay in there for about 10 minutes, I have to make sure I’m on point I can’t be slipping.  The girls won’t approve so I dry everything off and slip on my clothes. It’s about 60 degrees here in the ATL so I put on my plaid yellow shorts, my white long sleeve t-shirt and my yellow polo over it.  I stop in the bathroom to brush my teeth and when I got done with that I brushed my hair and I was ready to go.  I was running late as always and my mom was having a fit but I really don’t care I get straight A’s so I can be late I’m not learning much anyway.  My mom and I hopped in the car I put my headphones in and drifted away to the music, music is my escaped I love it so much it really makes me happy, but a lot of people don’t know that.  The car ride to school is completely quiet until my lovely mother breaks the silence. 

“Bry i hope you know you’re going to be 16 minutes late” she said

“Yeah I know but it’s not the first time”

we pulled on to the school lot and I got out of the car and I walked straight to the front door.  When I walked in I headed to my locker and I got my U.S history book out and made my way to class, before I walked in I took a deep breath because I know my teacher will make a scene. 

“Mr. Breeding it’s nice of you to join us” Mr. Hanley said as he walked toward me

I walk in and take my seat next to my best friend Carnell Mr. Hanley is pretty cool most of the time but I really hope he doesn’t send me to the raptor desk because I’m not trying to get a 4 hour, I’ve been late to school every day this week, but I really don’t give two fucks.  I dap Carnell and he tells me what we’re working on and luckily for me we can work in partners and Nellz didn’t leave me hanging.

“Bry you’ve been late every day this week, what’s going on”?

“Nellz you know that I don’t care, but anyway what are we doing this weekend”? I asked as I opened my text book

“I heard Marcos is having a party he said we can swing through if we can; Jamie said she can give us a ride if we wanna go”

“Sounds like a good time, I’m down for that”

The rest of the class period went by in a blur I swear if I didn’t have Carnell I would lose my mind, Carnell has been my boy since the 5th grade I swear he’s my main dude.  Nellz and I are walking to the locker rooms when we get stopped by Jessica and Kayla.

“So Nellz when are we going out”?

“Jess I told you, we aren’t dating it was just a hook up I made that perfectly clear” Nellz said with a laugh

“I know that but I know you like me more than that, you should make me you’re girl”

“I can’t be tied down to one girl it’s just not for me, Bry let’s get to the locker room”

Carnell and I finally make it to the locker room and all I can think about is going home but its only 2nd period.

-5 hours later-

School is finally over and I’m chilling at home, I still need to ask my mom if I can go to that party, I’m pretty sure she will say no but I’m going to go anyway.  I walk downstairs and I find her sitting at the kitchen table laughing at her phone, I wanna know what she’s laughing at but at the same time I don’t.

“Hey mom”

“Hey B what’s up”?

“Well there is this party my friend Marcos is having at his house and I wanted to know if I could go”?

“Marcos Henderson”?

“Yeah that’s him”
“I don’t want you over there, you’re not going to that party” She said as she got up from the table

“Why can’t I go” I yelled

“You get into enough trouble by yourself Bry and everyone knows Marcos is in a gang I don’t want you getting hurt”

“Mom it’s just a dumb party my friends will be there and Nellz is going to as well, you can’t stop me from going”

“You’re grounded and if you even think about leaving this house it will be you’re death wish” she said

“Shows how much you know, I pretty much run this mom, I’m the man since I have no dad you can’t keep me grounded I can leave if I want.  But I’m going to be nice and stay you can go out and do whatever you want but I can’t go to a party”

After I said that I rushed upstairs if she really thinks she can just ground me she is sadly mistaken and if she really thinks I’m going to stay in this house her playing herself.  I opened my laptop and got on my twitter most of these girls that follow don’t go to my school and that upsets me all the talent is so far away.  But I can pretty much get any girl I want they all love me, I get a text from Nellz and he says he the “Ok” for the party, I tell him that I’m grounded but I’ll still be there.  She really can’t keep me locked in the house I’ve snuck out so many times she’s never even noticed my mother is clueless.

-Saturday night-

“Bryan you are to stay in this house and not go anywhere and I mean that, do you understand me”!

“Yes mother dearest I understand I’ll be a good pet and stay in the house, because you NEVER let me do anything I want.  You go and have fun on your date but this guy won’t last long”

“You haven’t even met him yet”

“I knew and when he meets me he won’t last long”

“I’m gone just stay in the house and don’t go anywhere”

I watched the window and I saw her date come and pick her up and when they drove off I texted Jamie and told her I would be ready in 15 minutes.  I ran upstairs and hopped in the shower when I came out I had my outfit laid out, I had black skinny jeans and my red and black polo then I put on my red and black J’s and I topped it off with a beanie. Jamie texted me and she was outside so I grabbed my house keys and my phone and I’m out, my mom really set herself up for this one, this was way too easy I’m going to turn up tonight that’s just how I do it.

*****************************************

Hey guys thanks for reading, I know this chapter was boring but I promise it will get so much better.