Marco

Later that night:

"Do you want to go in the garage yet?" Matteo asks. We've been sitting with Leo in his bed for about 30 minutes because he doesn't want to sleep. Everyone's waiting on us to go to a festival. I don't want to leave Leo.

My phone dings.

Charlotte: They're drunk and ready to go.

"Yeah, let's go, I still have to get changed

"Yeah, let's go, I still have to get changed. I lean into Leo hugging him saying my goodbyes.

—-

This festival is fun. Just as a new group came on Matteo pulls me away, "Let's get Henna tattoos." He brings me to the booth.

I get a flower on my arm and he gets one on his abs. By the time we make it the festivals ending. Fireworks go off as Matteo pulls me in by my waist, we lean down slightly as my hand slips on his face. He kisses me, I can taste the alcohol on his breath.

Tonight he drank, he usually doesn't for this reason. The kiss lasts awhile before the Dj tells everyone it's time to go.

We walk out into the darkness to our cars. I turn around to take a picture of the concert to send to my mom but instead I take one of Emma and Charlotte, so happily engaged.

"LETS GO TO A CLUB!" Luca yells out

"LETS GO TO A CLUB!" Luca yells out. We all hollar finally making it to the car.

—-

As we walk in with music blasting I feel Matteo's hand leave my waist. He goes to the bar to order for all of us, I follow everyone else to the VIP section we bought on the phone.

I'm stopped by a very familiar man, "Aurora, is that you?" The voice, the face, oh my God it's Marco. I tried my hardest to forget the man I fucked in a club when drunk. The man I thought was the father to my twins.

"Marco?" I ask. He looks me deep in my eyes. "What are you doing in America?" His hand goes to his chin, "Work, did you miss me. You forgot to grab my number before we parted ways." I didn't forget. I didn't want it.

"Listen Marco," Before I could tell him how much I want to forget that night a hand slips onto my waist. "Marco, I didn't know you were in America?" Matteo says laughing. I think I just choked on my own spit.