Accidental hickeys

As the preparations for Lakmé Fashion Week came to a close, tensions were running high. There was a lot at stake for both fashion houses. Arnav had a point to prove in the first year of the launch of Blue Velvet and depending on how well this went, he would be able to launch further lines, get more funding, secure better slots at future fashion weeks (including the international ones) and most importantly, would see sales improve and profits soar. Khushi on the other hand had the pleasure of dealing with models dropping out at the last minute, a phone that would not stop ringing as well as packing her whole life in to her bag for this trip. It's safe to say Khushi had never been known to be a light packer. With under 24 hours to go for her flight, Karan had only just given her a glimpse of her outfit for the night. Truth be told, after her first reaction of awe, the immediate reaction that followed was that of worry. She didn't think she'd be able to do justice to the dress. It was beyond what she had imagined, feeling both flattered and honoured that Karan had trusted her with this piece. He had told her that she'd be there representing him and his brand and wanted her to be the best possible showcase of that on the night. She prayed everything would go smoothly, her months of hard work depended on it.

Once reaching the airport, they both passed security in no time. Arnav couldn't help but be that macho husband that refused to let his wife carry her own luggage and dragged both his and her bags himself. "Nothing is going to happen to your kid if I pull a bag along, Arnav!" He chose to ignore her, but smiled realising it was the first time she had referred to this child as his.

When he sat staring at his laptop, having to work on the flight to Mumbai to deal with last minute hiccups, he began questioning if the exhaustion and long hours had been worth it. It took one look to his left, watching his wife pray fervently to Devi Maiyya as they got ready for take off, hands clutched in prayer against her now slightly protruding stomach to realise it would always be worth it. He smiled to himself as he rested both his hands on top of hers in a bid to reassure her and her flight nerves. Her chanting of Hanuman Chalisa somehow got progressively louder as they began to take off and finally stopped once they were in the air. The air hostess soon came round with a lunch meal, of which Khushi took a single look at before gagging in disgust and putting the foil back on top to cover it. It was only a 2ish hour flight to Mumbai but by the time they checked in to the hotel, it would easily be a few more hours before they got any food. Fortunately, he knew his wife inside out and went in to his rucksack and pulled out methi paratha wrapped in foil with achaar in the middle and handed it to her. Khushi just looked at him in disbelief for a few seconds before she burst out laughing, much to her husband's confusion. "Hass kyon rahi hoon, Khushi?", Arnav asked both confused and embarrassed, sitting awkwardly with a paratha in his hand. "Nahi bas, kabhi socha nahi tha ki THE Arnav Singh Raizada would pack a methi paratha, that too with achaar in his rucksack. I mean how entertaining would it have been if Delhi security had stopped you? Do you think it would have made page 3 news?", she chuckled. Arnav just glared at her, wrapping the foil away before she stopped him "no no no, bhook lagi hai!", pouting at her husband. She went on to demolish almost three parathas before handing Arnav the last few bites, now full to the brim. "Thanks for the leftovers, Khushi. I know they say jhoota khane se pyaar badhta hai, but doosre bhi tarike hai pyaar badhane ke liye." She just looked at him confused, raising an eyebrow. Arnav looked to the toilets and winked back at her. Khushi's jaw dropped at his suggestion, "Chiiiiiii Arnav! Never! Not in a bedroom with you, let alone a dirty public toilet miles up in the sky!" Arnav just smirked at her scandalous reaction, "what Khushi? You're telling me you never wanted to join the mile high club?" She went completely red, desperately hoping no-one around them was listening in on their conversation "sochna bhi mat! Ugh, I'm so glad I've got my own hotel room tonight!"

By the time they reached the Taj in Mumbai, Khushi was exhausted and in desperate need of a nap. This didn't go unnoticed by Arnav as she yawned thrice in the span of two minutes. Whilst she waited in the check in line, Arnav slipped a few notes to a member of staff, asking him to sort out an early check in for his wife. Arnav was told his room wouldn't be ready for a few more hours, but at least they had managed an early check in for Khushi. She offered him her room for a few hours whilst his was being sorted and he obliged after she insisted. "Gosh Khushi, if I didn't know any better, I'd have thought you were inviting me to your room to seduce me.", he joked. "You're delusional if you think so", she retorted.