Walk Through the Woods - 9

I wake up from my bed again. But wasn't I just awake? Why does this happen everytime I go somewhere with him?.. Maybe I have something wrong with me.. I get up and I check the rooms upstairs for Jason. I walk downstairs. Jason is not here either. I flop down into a chair and think to myself, "I'm all alone..." I sigh. It feels so weird being alone. Some minutes later, there are sounds from upstairs. I light up and stand up excited, "Jason?" 

I walk upstairs and I see him.

"Your back!" I said happily. He looks a little rough though. I walk up to him, "Jason?.. Is something wrong?" He shakes his head, "No, nothing is wrong. Just had some trouble is all." He walks ahead of me, "Hey, you know what? We should go on a walk! The forest is nice. How about some good air?"

"Uhh, sure. Why not I suppose." I said kind of confused but I just shrugged and put my shoes on. 

We walked down to the park and went down a trail. Something felt very ominous to me and I suggested we'd turn back, "Something doesn't seem right all of the sudden, Jason-?...." He just kept walking and said nothing. Something is wrong, with this place, with him, everything feels weird. This doesn't seem like himself. Wasn't he just happier earlier? Then why is he acting so odd and ignoring me now? 

We walk deeper through the woods and he just stops dead in his tracks. 

"J-Jason?" I ask looking at him with confusion and fear. It's then that I realize, something IS wrong. Then, I hear a sound of footsteps in the leaves and there is a twig snap. Someone is here. I'm too scared to leave Jason though, I cling onto him, enough if he is being weird and creepy. But then his body falls to the ground, almost as of he is lifeless. "Jason!" I yelled terrified. I fall down to his body and make myself small as I am tearing up and afraid. Then, I look up and I see glowing yellow eyes. I freak out realizing who it is. "No! Leave me alone!" 

Then he grins, "That 'friend' of yours, isn't really your friend. Not anymore anyway." He said as he pulled out what looked like glowing puppet strings from 'Jason's' back. I look in disbelief and shock, "W-what?! Was he not real the whole time?!" 

The man just smiled and shrugged, "Who knows. All that you can know is that you are all alone now. Alone. With just me, your 'friend' is gone. He can't help you." 

"No. That isn't true!" I yelled. "No, it isn't true!" I turn around and see Jason, he grabs my hand and opens a portal and we jump in and he quickly closes it before the puppet guy gets in.

"I'm so sorry (Y/N), I am so sorry. I could've let you get killed. Just because of him.. He possessed me to where I couldn't do anything. But then, him making a dumb decision of letting go of his strings, snapped me out of it." He said hugging me. I look up at him, "I.. It's not your fault. I'm just so confused is all.. It seems so surreal." 

And then before we knew it we were back in his workshop. 

"W-wait... We're not coming to my house?" I asked. "No, I'm sorry. But it's too dangerous. Now that he knows where you live and has been watching you. Your going to have to stay here. But.. Just please do not go into my work room. Please.." he said nervously. "O-okay. I won't.." I said hesitantly because of how odd it is. 

"Well at least we know that he can't manipulate my world.. He cannot enter through my door and control it. He won't be able to follow you through here." He said. I nod, still confused about everything that just happened.

"At least for now...." he whispered something under his breath. 

I turn my head at him but then look away. How did this all start? What have I started? Why? It doesn't make sense.. But, anyway, I think I've had enough with the questions for now. I am exhausted already. All of this confusion and drama and anxiety drains me.. Then, I feel myself slowly fall asleep.

(Oh, hey! It's been quite a while! A very long while for sure.)