Chapter Two: I HATE WORKOUTS WITH MY STALKER

"Rise and shine, Moon! Today is a big day!" Someone screamed at the top of their lungs. MoonTalon only replied by squeezing her eyes closed and shoving her pillow into her face to muffle her own screaming.

"How did you get in my house?!" She cried.

"You literally leave the door unlocked every night. Are you not scared you're going to get kidnapped or burglarized or what?" Açaí said, ripping the pillow from her head.

"AAAGH! The LIGHT. Help me," MoonTalon moaned, rolling over.

"You promised you'd hang out with me today!"

"Did I?"

"Ye-"

"ToobadIdontwantto-goawayandleavemealoneforever."

"No seriously please please please please please please please please please please-"

"Shut up! Okay! Fine! Just leave me alone for a minute!" She growled. "And keep your mouth shut if you can."

She heard his evil laughter as he strutted out her bedroom.

An annoyed MoonTalon rolled out of her bed and onto the hard, cold floor.

~~~

Apparently, breathing in the crisp, fresh air of the morning helped get them into the fighting/workout/homicidal kind of mood, the latter only applied to her because she wanted to wring Açaí's neck for waking her up just after dawn. That was definitely not what they agreed to yesterday.

For some reason, Açaí was hellbent on starting with battle training because HE said that he just wanted to when he probably only wanted to embarrass her.

Why am I friends with this idiot?

She so desperately searched for the answer in her head as she faced off with the tall RainWing.

"Ready?"

"No-"

"On the count of three!"

"AÇAÍ-"

"1!" He bellowed.

"DON'T-"

"2!" He yelled even louder.

"YOU-"

"3!" He howled, charging toward her.

"DARE- OOF!"

She was knocked backwards so her head was spinning. He placed a talon on her chest, pinning her down but she didn't protest. She felt the knot in the back of her head slowly swelling into existence.

"Ow. I told you not ambush me or attack me or anything like that," She groaned.

"Too bad, Moon. Your attackers don't show any mercy," he said with a hint of sincerity.

She felt herself go limp under his weight, slowly bringing up her hind legs and..

"OW!" She thrusted her legs upward to throw him off her as he stumbled away. She might've caught him off guard this time but he probably wouldn't be fooled again. She tried to take advantage of that, barreling forward to meet him with a leap onto his back.

"MOOON! This wasn't part of the plan!" He wailed, bucking as hard as he could.

"Bashing my head into the ground wasn't either!" She countered. "Nor was waking me up so early, breaking into my house-"

Her talon slipped and the next thing she knew, she flew into a tree and somehow landed on her head.

"Ow.." she croaked.