Chapter 2

After Kaito left, Emi stumbled to look in the mirror. She rolled up her shirt and saw the bright purple bruises all over her hips. She fell on the floor and started to cry. How would she escape? All the doors and windows were sealed. She was literally trapped. Was this how love really feels? Why did Kaito even want to keep her captive? Kaito had also taken away her phone, in case she called the police. Now, she was truly helpless. 

Five minutes passed, and Emi came up with an idea. Her backup hero telephone was in the living room. Honestly, she had forgotten she had it. She ran to the living room. She was still in pain, but eager to call someone. She narrowed down her options.

Nemuri Kayama (Midnight)

Shota Aizawa (Eraserhead)

Of course, she had other friends. However, these three people were the only ones she could actually rely on. She chose Midnight because Eraser probably wouldn't answer. Not that she'd blame him. Emi loved to pull prank calls on Shota so he probably wouldn't take Emi seriously this time. Plus, she was running out of time. Who knows when Kaito will be back. Hoping Midnight wasn't teaching at the moment, she called her. Surprisingly, Midnight picked up pretty fast.

"Hello?" Midnight questioned.

"Hey Kayama! It's Emi." Emi exclaimed.

"Hello Emi! How are you?" Midnight added. 

Aizawa's head instantly shot up at the mention of Emi's name.

"Emi? What business did Midnight have with her?" Aizawa wondered. 

"I need you to do be a favor. Can you come to my apartment? I'll send you the address. Also, please make sure nobody is following you. And don't tell anyone about this." Emi explained.

"Are you hiding? What's going on?" Midnight asked.

These words only made Aizawa more uneased. Was Emi okay?

"I'll tell you when you get here. Right now, I just need you to come to my apartment. Please hurry." Emi responded, softly.

She hung up immediately after. Falling to her knees, she started crying again. Even if Midnight broke her out of here, where would she go? There was no way she could actually escape Kaito. To make things worse, she didn't even know his quirk. All she could do now was wait for Midnight to arrive. That is if Kaito doesn't get there first.

"I'm checking out." Midnight stated, standing up, "Someone else has to cover my last class."

"Where are you going?" Aizawa asked, knowing it was because of Emi.

"Can't say." Midnight replied, making her way to the door.

"You have to have a reason to leave." Aizawa added, before she could open the door.

"Well, someone I know needs my help. So, I have to leave. I'll see you later." Midnight said.

She opened the door and left. Present Mic walked in the room a minute after she left.

"Where's Kayama going?" He questioned.

Aizawa shrugged, wondering what happened to Emi. They bumped into each other yesterday, and Emi seemed fine. She was making her usual jokes and was acting normal. What happened to her?

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! Thank you for reading this story! I know it's been a while and I'm so sorry. Honestly, I quit writing Wattpad stories due to lack of motivation. But I'm back now, and I won't take another leave until I've finished this story. I'll try to upload chapters more often. Bye for now!