Chapter 3|Flashback

Kevin wasn't one with big crowds, in fact he hated big crowds so when it gets busy in CandyClub he feels like quitting his job since he gets too overwhelmed. Streber knew that Kevin hated his job, he tried convincing him that it would probably be best if he joined him with the haunted house attraction, but Kevin would refuse everytime insisting that he needed to stay just to make sure nobody gets away with stealing candy after that incident with the Hatzgang and the other kids trying to steal candy when he left the store unattended, although he hated his job he was afraid of losing it since he did needed the money. Streber had clung onto Kevin as if he were a teddybear he didn't want to let go, he loved Kevin too much Kevin just kind of let Streber cling onto him not seeming to mind.

He wrapped his arm around Streber's waist just holding him close he noticed that a few people were giving them stares, but he ignored it he didn't have any time for any Karen's who were probably going to yell homophobic remarks at them. Kevin just knew that if they were to yell at Streber it would trigger his PTSD and cause him to have a panic attack. Streber knew that he would probably have to tell Kevin exactly what happened, but that would have to wait until he was ready. "Is that the victim?" One of the people said it looks like they all were starting to gossip about Streber. "Looks like it, I heard that he just stood there like a coward when he encountered that Serial Killer, it's really sad if I were him, I would have attacked that asshole! I also heard that he's gay, it's such a shame." Kevin had let go of Streber he had clenched his hands into fists, he couldn't help but growl he was so upset, how dare they talk about Streber that way?

He was so close to shouting, but Streber had stopped him by wrapping his arm around Kevin's waist. "Babe they aren't worth it just don't pay attention to them, the last thing that you would want is to get arrested." As Streber mentioned that, Kevin felt the flashbacks he was getting from the many times he almost nearly got in trouble due to Skid and Pump. Kevin just stood still as a statue, and Streber gave him a confused look. "Kevin? Was it something I said? I'm sorry." Kevin had snapped out his state once he heard Streber apologizing. "I just ended up remembering something that's all it's not your fault, but you're right we shouldn't let a bunch of bullies get to us unless it's a problem now than let's go enjoy ourselves!" Streber nodded, and he let Kevin lead the way, luckily the carnival was a bit close as per usual though the one that they had was seasonal, so they were only there for a while before they would end up leaving to go elsewhere.

Once they both made their way to the carnival Streber's eyes turned into stars, he started fanboying once he saw all of the decorations, games, and rides they all had set up. Streber had looked from left to right as they both walked around to look around, as they were looking around Streber saw a prize that caught his eye, it was the vampire teddy from the Nightmare before Christmas. "Oh my god, Kevin, look! We have to get it!" Streber pointed at it and Kevin sighed softly, he knew how rigged some of the games could be he really didn't want to play to win the teddy, but he would give anything just to see Streber light up with joy. "Fine, come on let's go." Kevin, led them both over to the game he had pulled out a dollar bill and handed it to the guy who was in charge of the game, it took him about 8 tries, but he finally ended up winning what Streber wanted. "Finally." Kevin muttered in his breath, clearly bored out of his mind.

Streber had gasped, and he held the plushie with his one hand, but he frowned once he realized it was hard to hug with one arm. Kevin gave Streber a confused look, not understanding why he had suddenly changed. "Streber is everything alright? I thought you would be happy." Streber sighed and he started tearing up. "I am! It's just, well, I miss having two arms." As Streber looked at where his right arm used to be, he ended up seeing what had happened again, and it started to make him shake. Kevin had put the plushie that he got for streber on his shoulder, he had wrapped his arms around Streber protectively and in a calming voice he whispered. "Streber it's alright I know that it may be hard to have one arm it's not easy to get used to but hopefully when I have enough money one day I'll be able to buy you a prosthetic arm." It didn't seem like Streber had heard Kevin, however he felt like he was seeing something that wasn't there, they were staring at him with that creepy smile of theirs.

"N-no P-please! Have mercy!" Streber shouted, some people had ended up looking over Streber's way a bit confused of his sudden outburst. Kevin gulped, he felt like if he didn't do something soon, Streber might accidentally end up hurting someone like he had did when he wasn't there to protect Streber. Streber had ended up staring Kevin's way, by now he was really scared and his heart was beating so hard into his chest. Streber had turned away and ended up running away causing Kevin to widen his eyes, but he tried chasing Streber he had set the doll aside where he had won it saying he would be back for it later. Kevin had tried chasing Streber down, but he ended up losing him.

"Damn it! I knew it was a bad idea letting him come out, he isn't ready yet." Even though Kevin had lost Streber, he didn't want to give up in finding him, so he asked around if any saw him, but it seemed like nobody knew who he was talking about how did they not knew who he was? Didn't they talk about Streber on the news? After just searching around for nearly the whole day, Kevin gave up completely in looking for Streber he didn't know where he was, and he was pretty sure that he wouldn't be coming back. "I'm sorry Streber I failed you..." Kevin crouched down, and he started tearing up he hugged his legs to his chest and he continued sobbing, he felt a hand on his shoulder which made him jump back. "Is this who you're looking for?" John asked, taking a smoke from his cigar. Kevin had looked up, and he sighed with relief once he saw Streber in front of him. "Yes, thank you so much!" Kevin had pulled Streber into a tight hug, which caused Streber to squeak. "Please tell me where you found him I feel so irresponsible you see he suffers from PTSD and well just looking down at where his arm used to be I think it's giving him flashbacks of that encounter I don't know what to do I'm just so afraid he might accidentally hurt someone since it might also seem like he might have hallucinations."

"He was wandering around by himself mumbling to himself and crying, we found him at just the right time too if we hadn't had stepped in he could have seriously injured someone." Jack said, to which John sighs. "I think it's best he stays inside, just being outside is what's causing him to have hallucinations it might also help if he has company around, do you have anyone who can watch him?" John questioned while he continued to smoke. Kevin shook his head and Streber buried his face in Kevin's chest, he had slowly closed his eyes and he began to drift off to sleep. Kevin had ran his fingers a long Streber's hair as if to calm him down.

"Maybe it's time you take a break from your job for a while, we'll see if anyone can take care of the store while you are taking care of him." Jack said. For once, Kevin thought that it would probably be best if he took sometime off from his job Streber needed him more than ever right now, so basically saying 'screw it I'm going to work at my job' is a shitty move. Kevin was pretty sure if he just continued working, Streber would probably lose faith in him or think he wasn't really contributing to the relationship. "Well alright if it's the only way to get Streber better I'll do it, just make sure you don't get any fools who don't know what they are doing." The cops just stared at Kevin like the last time. "Alright we'll see what we can do, have a nice night gentlemen." John said and left with Jack.

Kevin watched the cops leave before he turned his attention back to Streber he decided that he would protect this man as long as he lives. He just wanted the best for Streber after all.