Chapter 1

" Alright last few boxes," Aurora, Elena, Jeremy, and Jenna each had a box in their hand as they headed upstairs to Aurora's new bedroom.

" Ok, where do you want these boxes," Jenna asked Aurora.

" Just uh, put them over there," Aurora pointed over to the empty bay window where everyone put their boxes.

Jeremy and Jenna left the room leaving Aurora and Elena in Aurora's bedroom.

" Hey uh, my boyfriend Stefan is coming over to drop me off at the hospital to see Caroline and I was hoping to introduce you two, is that cool," Elena seemed nervous like she was afraid that Aurora wouldn't like him or something.

" I was actually gonna go to the Grill," Aurora was unpacking the boxes with her clothes as she spoke.

" That's ok, Stefan and I can meet you there if you want," Elena shifted her weight from one foot to the other.

" Um, cool, sounds good," Aurora replied.

" Great, see you then," with that Elena left and went to her room to get ready to go and Aurora did the same.

Aurora put on a pair of jeans with a purple skin tight shirt on. She let her curly black hair loose from her ponytail and grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder. The bag used to be her father's work bag so it went down to just below her waist. She slipped her phone into her bag and went down stairs.

" I am headed off to the Grill, see you all later," Aurora called out as she went out the front door.

Aurora walked around town, taking in the sights. Mystic Falls is a beautiful place and Aurora wanted to take it all in before she has deal with all of the supernatural things going on there.

Once Aurora drove her car into the town she felt all of the supernatural energy surging through town. Anywhere a witch goes, the supernatural follows, but what Aurora didn't expect, was that the supernatural was already there before she had arrived.

Claire witches were always high in demand because of their power. They were and are the most powerful witches in existence so they were very wanted. 

They were used to place curses and complete binding spells. If there was anything in history that involved a witch, it was a Claire witch that either did it or helped. Claire witches were always in the middle of things, right where they needed to be. 

Aurora has always dealt with the supernatural her entire life. The Claire witches were very powerful but there were some that were more powerful than others, and Aurora was one of them which meant she has been targeted her entire life.

Her parents were approached when Aurora was born by witches from New Orleans. They said that they could mask Aurora until she was eighteen. 

When Aurora turns eighteen, witches from all over will come together for a ceremony. A ceremony that will strengthen Aurora's power to where she would begin to fulfill the legend.

Aurora finally made her way to the Grill because she had gotten lost a few times. When she walked in, she ran into someone.

" Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, I should have watched where I was going," Aurora apologized.

" No, it's ok," Aurora looked up and saw that it was an employee.

" I'm uh, Matt," Matt smiled at Aurora.

" I'm Aurora," Aurora smiled back.

" Hey Aurora," Aurora saw Elena waving her over to the table she was sitting at with two guys.

" Um, I gotta go, see you uh, later," Aurora smiled again at Matt before she headed over to where Elena was sitting. 

" Hey," As Aurora sat down she felt something was off, she felt two supernatural beings near her.

" This is my boyfriend Stefan, and his older brother Damon," Elena had an underlying venom when she said Damon's name.

" Pleasure to meet you Aurora," Damon said smirking at her.

" Yeah it's nice to meet you both," When she shook each of their hands, a little voice in her head screamed, " VAMPIRES."

" Are you okay," the vampire who introduced himself as Stefan asked Aurora as he looked at her bouncing leg.

" Yeah, I'm good, lets just order," Aurora stopped bouncing her leg and grabbed a menu.

A woman walked over with a notepad in her hands and asked what everyone wanted to order.

Aurora ordered a water, claiming she wasn't hungry. Everyone else ordered a burger, fries, and a soda. 

" So, Aurora what brings you to Mystic Falls," Damon asks as he throws a fry into his mouth with a smirk still plastered on his face.

Aurora saw Elena kick Damon under the table as Stefan gave him a disapproving look.

" Uh, my parents died in a house fire so I am living with Jenna, Elena, and Jeremy," Aurora chuckled at the couple's antics before she said this. 

" Well I am glad you are here," Damon said awkwardly.

" Thanks," Aurora smiled sweetly at him causing him to smile back.

Elena and Stefan looked at Damon, surprised, like they have never seen Damon smile like he did with Aurora in that moment. He looked human for a second before he broke out of his trance and began eating again.

" So where did you live before you move here," Stefan asked.

" I lived in New Orleans," Aurora took a sip of her water.

" Is it true what they say about the witches in the French Quarter," Damon spoke.

" There are some witches who have set up shop there," Aurora laughed.

Aurora's laugh was like music to Stefan's ears. This girl's parents just died and she was laughing, smiling, and cracking jokes. She was dealing with her parents' death better than anyone.

Elena had warned Stefan and Damon about Aurora possibly being a bit of a tough crowd but When they saw her she was just smiling and happy and light.

...

" I've got to go and finish unpacking my stuff," Aurora said as she started grabbing her things.

" Alright, I'll see you at home," Elena smiled at Aurora.

Aurora waved goodbye to everyone before she left the Grill. Elena turned to Stefan and Damon and right as she opened her mouth, Damon stopped her.

" She was acting a little weird when she first saw us," Damon turned to his brother.

" Her parents just died, give her a break, Damon," Stefan said to his brother.

Author's note: If any of you guys are confused this story is starting in the plot of season two but like kind of in the middle. I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of this story and I hope you will enjoy the chapters to come. If any of you are struggling with any of the things that are depicted in any of my storied like suicidal thoughts or ED then please seek professional help. Remember you are loved at least by me.