27. Hold On

"Go time." Katie declared as they headed up the cliffside, running closer and closer, through the forest, over the uneven rocky plane, those sparkling lights keeping their focus and energy amplified they were so close. 

''Dean, Katie, wait." Castiel remarked spinning around. 

Something hit the ground in clouds of black smoke in front of them. As the smoke clears, two balls of black goo became LEVIATHANS.

"Seven hells." Benjen muttered. 

The portal shimmered with moving blue light. So close, so close... 

Dean swung at the first leviathan, who ducked and hurls him to the ground and Dean rolled back downhill. Castiel attempted to put a hand on the leviathan's head, but the second leviathan kicked the back of castiel's legs and punched him as he fell to his knees. 

"KATIE!" Dean shouted as her eyes went white and she fell back into Benjen, completely vulnerable. "PROTECT HER!" Dean shouted. 

+

'He saw me, the Night King! He saw me!'' Bran declared

''He touched you.''

''I don't know. He was close, but--'' Bran began but he looked to his arm. The mark, an icy print on him.

''He touched you. He knows you are here. He'll come for you.''

''But he can't get in.'' Bran recalled.

''He can now. His mark is on you. You must leave, all of you.''

'' Come on, Hodor. Help me with the sledge." meera declared.

''Hodor.'' Hodor agreed

''I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.'' Bran rambled.

''The time has come.''

''The time for what?'' Bran countered

'' For you to become me.''

''But am I ready?" Bran asked.

''No.''

+

The Leviathans continued to punch and kick Castiel, he fell heavily to the ground. The second Leviathan dragged Castiel to his feet. Castiel hit her, sending her reeling backwards. The first leviathan grabbed Castiel and his mouth transforms, large and snapping at Castiel. 

"Keep her safe!" Dean demanded as Benjen got closer and closer to the portal while Dean and Castiel took the beatings. He clung to Katie. Her eyes white her body tremoring just the slightly in his arms. 

Dean appeared behind the first Leviathan and decapitated him. Castiel pushed the second leviathan forward so that she is bent over and Dean decapitated her as well. With heavy breaths in their chests they looked to Katie and the portal. Dean pulled Castiel to his feet.

+

''We can go home now, Hodor. Well, maybe not home home, but somewhere that isn't a cave.''

''Hodor." Hodor chucked

''Eat something that isn't moss. I want an egg. How do you like 'em? Boiled? Fried up with some butter?'' Meera asked and Hodor laughed

''Hodor.''

''With a rasher of bacon and some blood sausage.''

"Hodor.''

''Get Bran and run!" Meera demanded as the white walkers were snarling clawing at the door. ''Bran. Bran, wake up. Bran.'' Meera shouted

''Hodor. Hodor.''

''Bran, wake up.''

''Gods keep you on the kingsroad.--Take it easy. Watch yourself." Vision flashed through Bran's mind he was unable to pull himself out.

''Hodor. Hodor. Hodor.''

''Help me!'' Meera demanded

''Remember that you are a Stark. Comport yourself with dignity at the Vale and try to stay out of fights. Yes, Father. But if you have to fight, win.'' all the visions replayed through his mind, making his head spin, he was drowning in the memories.

''Bran! Bran, wake up!'' the walker continued snarling and grunting, growling to get through.

''Bran! Bran! Bran, wake up. Bran! Bran, wake up!'' Meera demanded shaking at him

'Hodor. Hodor.''

''You have to wake up. We need Hodor.''

'' Hodor. Hodor.''

'' Bran, we need Hodor. Bran, you have to wake up. We need Hodor.'' Meera screamed

''Hodor. Hodor.''

''Bran, we're all going to die!'' Meera shouted but still no response. '' Bran, wake up! We're all going to die! Bran! Bran! Bran, you have to wake up. We need Hodor."

''Hodor. Hodor.''

'' Warg into Hodor now! Bran, wake up. We need Hodor. We need Hodor. Warg into Hodor now! Now!'' Meera demanded and her voice echoed through Bran's head.

''Listen to your friend, Brandon.' the three eyed raven demanded

''Hodor, Hodor. Hodor. Hodor. Hodor. Hodor. Hodor." He screamed out getting more and more anxious with every breath.

 ''The time has come. Leave me.'' the raven demanded

"Katie?" Bran asked and she spun around. 

"Bran?" Katie ran to him. "What is this place?" 

"We need to leave." The three eyed raven told her. "He is not safe. You will find him. Save him but he needs to escape, same as you." He told Katie and she didnt understand but she did at the same time. 

"Time to go, Bran. I will see you soon." Katie told him.  Bran nodded looking to Wylis. "You are stronger than you know Bran." Katie told him honestly. 

''Hodor, hurry!'' Meera begged as she got Bran out he grunted blocking the door

''Hodor!'' hodor said in a panic

'' Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold the door!" meera screamed she heard the thumping and wights snarling breaking through. 'Hold the door! Hold the door!''

'' Wylis!" nan cried out in brans vision ''What's the matter?''

''Hold the door!'' Wylis shouted and Bran stared as he seized before him.

''Come on, son.''

'' Hold the door!'' Wylis screamed ''Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold door! Hold door! Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold door! Hold door! Hold door! Hodor! Hodor! Hodor! Hodor! Hodor! Hodor!''

+

''We got to move! The portal's closing!'' Dean demanded. "GET KATIE THROUGH!" Dean shouted and Benjen nodded carrying her forward. Her eyes still white Dean watched them disappear. Dean and Castiel climbed upwards towards the portal. but Castiel stumbled.

"Cas! Damn it! Come on!" Dean shouted. He reached the portal and stepped to it. He stretched out a hand to Castiel.

''Come on!'' Dean demanded. Castiel grabbed Dean's hand. "I got you! Hold on!"

''Dean!'' Castiel said nervously as he was losing his grip.

''Hold on!'' Dean demanded. ''I got you! Hold on!''

''Dean!''

''Hold on!''

''Dean!'' Castiel broke his grip on Dean. "Go!'' But Dean thought he lost his grip, he thought he wasnt strong enough. That Castiel lost his grip on Deans hand and slid down the cliffside again. 

 "HOLD ON-"

''Dean!'' Castiel called out as he fell. But the portal closed, taking Dean with it.