Ch. 9 - From The Bluest Of Eyes

Sometimes I watch my human sleep. 

Human tells me that everyone is good at something, and I think he's very talented at sleeping. 

Human is good at a lot of things, but still nowhere near as great and mighty as me!

Well, maybe a little great and mighty. 

I do not know how to take care of people as well as the human does.

My human is also very lazy! I've never met another human that lays in bed as much as he does!

Sometimes noona says he is resting because whenever he's working nobody else gives him any time to. 

I asked noona if that was his special way of storing energy, but noona just smiled and shook her head. 

He is also good at looting baddies, and winning wars! 

Goldie Gramps and Crown Prince say the human is good at causing trouble.

Chef Beacrox doesn't say much about the human, but I can tell he really likes when the human compliments his food.

Smart Rosalyn says that human is also very smart.

Good Girl Mary says that the human is generous.

Choi Han says the human is good at being kind and strong, even if everyone calls him weak.

I think the human is good at being strong, too.

Actually, the human isn't weak at all. 

The human is strong, really strong. 

He does not have muscles like a swordsman or assassin, or even a warrior.

But the human, hmm, he has a very strong heart.

His mind and thoughtfulness to others is what makes him stronger than our enemies.

Ah, I do not mean that having a strong heart is all you need to win battles!

I take it back, the human's physical heart is weak, very weak!

He only uses his brain to win war, and not for himself! 

That's why our human is a stupid idiot! Stupid weak human!

...

I think we just wish he was weak so he would rely on us more.

Then human would let me protect him! 

...Maybe I am not so great and mighty.

My human keeps getting hurt, and this time was especially bad.

Human was locked up in a cave like me, and I did not save him like he saved me.

Goldie Gramps says I did a good job, but I am not good like the human. 

I try to be great and mighty, but recently I feel less and less great and mighty.

When I watch my human sleep, sometimes I pretend to not wake up if he has a nightmare. 

I know my human would feel bad if he knew he wakes me up a lot, but that is not why I do not feel great and mighty.

Every time human wakes up from a nightmare, the first thing he does is look for me, noona, and hyung.

When he sees us, he acts like he expected us not to be.

I don't know why, but I think the human thinks we are going to disappear.

I hear him force his shaky breathing to calm down.

He does not pat himself on the back and say it's ok to be sad like he does with me.