Chapter 1: My story

Dedicated to @smashelymer for helping me come up with the title!

~Chapter 1~

I never thought my life would end up this way. Though as a child we always dream of having a perfect life, setting non-reachable goals. Disappointing ourselves, yet to this day we still set goals too high up. "Reach for the sky." My dad used to always tell me. I don't believe in that motto anymore. I've failed every goal in my life, no joke. I remember my friend always wishing for the best family ever. Supportive, loving, and your best friends for life. Having the perfect family wasn't a problem when I was young. I had an older brother. Six years older than me, very well built with lots of courage and inner strength. His name was Lucas Brown, but I called him Looky. Then I had a mom that was super quiet. She was always calm and friendly, rarely did I ever see or hear her yell and scream in anger. Apparently I look just like her with my dads eyes. My dad had bright earthy green eyes that showed of enthusiasm and curiosity. He was my best friend. We did everything together. He showed me how to punch a guy in the nose if they were hitting on me, or just how to burp. My dad always tried so hard to make everyone smile, even if it meant having a burping contest at the dinner table.

We made nicknames for everyone too. Mine was Painty. Yes I know that's kinda different, okay maybe a little more than different. It was given to me from my dad when I was 6. There was this thing I had with my hands that I could make everything look the way I see them with just a canvas and paint. It was my passion. If I weren't writing poems, I would be painting. Though I haven't had much time for that lately.

My Dad left for the U.S. Army eight years ago. I was nine. The time in my life where I became more independent. But still needed him to help me out because most of the things I wanted to do, I couldn't do. Which of course got me quite annoyed.

My dad was brave, passionate with his job and loved my family infinity and beyond (that's a lot by the way). He was always happy. Made the cheesiest jokes that would make you almost wet your pants and tearing up. I missed him a lot, but the most I missed from my dad was how he would just listen to me talk about my problems in school. (Even though I was only in Elementary school then). I swear he went to school to be a counselor, but he didn't. In fact he didn't even go to college. You know how usually the mom stays home and takes care of the house while the dad is at work? Well it's switched around at my house. My mom would work fifteen hours at a time, six days a week. All but Sunday. On Sunday's we would always go to church and worship.

But ever since my dad has been gone, we don't go anymore. Instead my mom sleeps all day and does more work at home doing paper work for her patients. She's a doctor. A very good doctor that everyone in Minnesota "needs". I hate how when my mom is at home she is also always on call if one of her patients end up at the hospital or the others can't handle them.

Well that's my "perfect" family eight years ago, now it's completely different. It's almost like my dad is dead, I guess that's what you could say because that's how it seemed. Luke is now a sophomore in college at the UMD (University of Minnesota Duluth). He comes home about once a month for a day and we hang out. It's like seeing a little part of my dad again, even though it's just my brother.

A/N

Hey guys so sorry this is super short but I have to do homework :/

BTW: there will be a part 2 of this chapter by this weekend or early next week!

I'm going to have goals, question and a quote in every A/N.

Question:
What type of books do you like to read on wattpad?

- Mine are romantic and teen fictions and sometimes fanfictions. Comment if you have an recommendations :)

!!!Goals!!!
10 votes

5 comments

20 reads

(I know these aren't that big but it's the first chapter so I decided to start off slow.)

The closer you are to these goals the bigger chance of updating early!

Quote:
~Don't say I can't do it cause that just gives me a reason to want to accomplish it and then tell you I told you so~