Chapter 1 part 2: The present

This chapter is dedicated to @em_marie013 for helping me come up with Nick Gilberts last name!

~Chapter 1 Part 2~

The loud and obnoxious wind making my green curtains fly around and the sound of light rain hitting the cement. I sigh, trying to find something to do on this cold and rainy day. I've found myself in the position quite often lately. Bored out of my mind with my homework not completed but too lazy to do it. Yep, that's me, the lazy person who can never occupy her own self. I was sitting on my couch, scrolling through Netflix though nothing seemed to intrigue me.

(Comment Couch Potato!)

I look at my phone knowing I won't have any messages. All my friends left me ever since I was diagnosed with depression.

That was 7 years ago.

Since then, I have been all alone with no friends but one, Nick Gilberts. He's my best friend. It's kind of ironic how we became friends really.

Nicks dad died when my dad left, we went to the same mental health clinic and talked to each other. It was even more crazy that he went to the same school as me then considering the clinic was 2 hours away from where we lived.

Ever since then we have been best friends and I am grateful for that.

My mom was working so I was home by myself which I'm now used to. Then I hear my front door open and slam shut startling me.

"I had a feeling my best friend was bored so I had to come and rescue you."

Nick has his own key to my house. "Well your feeling was inaccurate," I laugh and walk to the kitchen which is where he is standing.

"If my feeling was inaccurate, what were you doing?" He smirked at me.

"I was watching Netflix." I stated proudly.

"That's what people do when they are bored."

"N-No," I stuttered knowing he was right.

"So my feelings were right-minded." He smiled and got himself a glass of water.

"yes," I said and also grabbed myself a glass of water. For some reason I had the urge to get back at Nick. So I stood next to him, took a few sips of my water then quickly dumped the rest on his head. Now just so you know, this water had crushed ice in it so it was very cold.

Nick made a little screech and started doing a fidgety dance thing while an ice chunk slide down his back under his shirt. Then he dumped his water on me. It didn't affect me as much cause his water didn't have ice in it.

We were both now standing in my kitchen with water all over the floor and dripping wet. I guess that's how our friendship kind of works.