Chapter 3: Tonight Will Be Interesting...

So school starts in a week and Nick hasn't texted or called me since he kissed me. Should I be worried?

No. It's not should I be worried it's, I am worried!!! Ok, who wouldn't be? It's been two weeks since I've done anything or even talked to Nick.

For the past two weeks I've been writing my own song. It has no lyrics yet but I do have the cords down. I've made parts for the flute, guitar and clarinet. The flute and guitar have most of the melody while the clarinet is the bass, sometimes guitar is too.

I strum my guitar to the whole song and record it on my computer. Then I do the same with my flute and clarinet. Once I'm done I listen to it all put together.

"That sounds beautiful paityn." My mom looking at me and smiling through my bedroom door way.

"It's not finished yet."

"I know but it's really good, you're really good." She walks into my room and sits on my bed next me.

"Do you have lyrics for it yet?"

"No...."

"What's it about?"

"Losing my... Nothing." I stutter thinking what just came out of my mouth.

"Hey, are you ok? You seem to be acting weird lately."

"No I'm fine mom, don't worry about me."

"I am your mother, that's my job."

"Don't you have to work today?"

"I took the day off."

"Why?" I ask surprised knowing she never takes days off.

"Luke's staying for the weekend and we're going out."

I jump up off my bed and turn to face her. "Really!?"

She smiles and laughs "yes now go take a shower we are meeting him there. Wear something nice, like a dress."

I cringe at the thought of having to wear a dress. "Does it have to be a dress?"

"It's only for tonight, I think you can handle it." She walks out of my room and closes the door.

"Ugh." I grab my phone and walk into the bathroom setting my phone on my speakers to play some music. (I won't give up -by Jason Mraz)

As I hop into the steamy shower I sing the song.

"When I look into your eyes, it's like watching the night sky. Oh the beautiful sunrise, there's so much they hold, and just like them old stars, I see that you've come so far, to be right where you are, I won't lose your soul, well I won't give up on us even if the sky's get rough I'm giving you all my love I'm still looking up...."

I lather the citrus scented shampoo into my long fine brown hair. Than singing more.

"I won't give up on us, even if the sky's get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I'm still looking up, I'm still looking up, well I won't give up on us, God knows I'm tough enough...."

Once the shampoo is rinsed out I put a glob of conditioner on my hand and stroke it into the bottom half of my hair rinsing it out as I go. Finally finishing by washing my body with a bar of soap.
I turn the water off and ring out the water in my hair grabbing a towel and wrapping myself in it. Walks over to my bedroom a new song comes on. (Say something -by A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera)

The warm soft carpet hits my feet as I enter holding my phone. Setting it down I go to my closet and try to find a dress I like. (Which are none of them)
I had 3 dresses total, a white long sleeve one that hugs your body. A purple one that I wore to the school dance in 8th grade last year with lost of sparkle. Then a light pink one that ends at mid thigh that is strapless. I go for the last one and quickly put it on as I sing along.

"Say something I'm giving up on you, I'll be the one if you want me to, anywhere I would have followed you, say something I'm giving up on you, and I, am feeling so small, it was over my head, I know nothin at all, and I, will stumble and fall, I'm still learning to love, just starting to crawl...."

I walk back into my bathroom to blow dry my hair which ends up at its natural state in some type of wavy mess. I leave it that way and walk to the kitchen to find my mom cleaning the counter.

"Oh honey you have to try harder than that." She smiles at me and walks over to me. "Here follow me."
We start to walk up stairs to her bedroom.
"Put these on." She throws me a tan knitted cardigan and sandals.
I put them on feeling the soft material cover my arms and shoulders.
"Are you leaving your hair like that?"
"well I was going to braid it..."

"No, I'm going to straighten it." Grabbing a straightener and going into the bathroom as I follow her.
"Is this all necessary for just dinner? I mean it's just Luke."

"Yes, now come here so I can do your makeup." She grabs a bag if makeup and sets it on the counter.
"There is no way I'm wearing makeup!" I cringe.

"Yes there is now come here." Pulling my arm over she motions me to sit on the counter so I do so. She puts on some light blush on the apples of my cheeks then adds a light eye shadow on my lid with some mascara topping it off with a shiny Chapstick. Then quickly straightens my hair.

Smiling she says," You look absolutely beautiful Paityn."

I look into the mirror with a shock on my face. I didn't think I could look this good before.

"Do you like it?"

"I, I love it mom." Smiling I give her a hug and we both walk down stairs.

Tonight is going to be interesting.

~
Entering the doors of the restaurant it smelled of fancy Italian food and wine. There was a line for reservations and general. We walked toward the reservations line which had a bunch of people standing In front of it already.

My aunt Patricia came over to us from farther up the line greeting us.  "Hey! Aren't you guys excited?"

I'm confused now.

"Excited for what? And why are you here?" 

My mom quickly answers, "It, it's a family gathering."

"I wouldn't say just any family gathering, a very special one." Patricia adds.

"How? Isn't it just Luke coming home for the weekend?"

"You don't know do you?" My aunt looked shocked with a straight face.

I nod my head.

"That's on you sis." She pats my moms shoulder and walks back to the front of the line.

"Mom... What's going on?!"

"You'll find out in a little bit hon."

I'm kinda paranoid now not knowing the reason why we are actually here. I have the feeling it was something big. Something that's going to surprise me that I'm not going to like. And standing there in line getting closer and closer to knowing was making me more nervous. Was Luke getting married? Is he leaving us too? Or is it even about him?

I had no clue.

That was until we walked into a private room with the American flag on the wall and out the window an army truck.

Hehe, a cliff hanger XP

Hey guys! I'm really happy how this chapter turned out :) I hope you guys all liked it and if you did you should give it a like, oh wait those are called votes... Either way XD I think I've been watching too many YouTube videos XD oops...

Goals:
20 votes
7 comments
150 reads

Question:
What are your thoughts on what's happening right now in the book?

Quote:
When you're lost use your heart as a compass to bring you back home
        - Lady Antebellum

Have an awesome day everyone!!!!