Chapter 24

WARNING: This contains scenes of forced sex. If you are triggered by events such as these, please skip to at least Chapter 26.

POV: Hobi

Slowly coming awake, the first thing Hobi was aware of was that he was naked, sticky, and on a cement floor. He had no reference to what was going on. His head felt like it was wrapped in cotton wool. Before he even opened his eyes, he tried to figure out what he last remembered. The most vivid was being onstage as Namjoon was giving his final thoughts. He'd been so excited to share the moment with Y/N... When everything was done successfully, he always felt triumphant.

An image of purple fog rolling toward them crossed his thoughts and he realized from that moment on, everything seemed dreamlike, covered in that purple haze. He remembered anger being the main flavor of the blurry images he could see. He saw various pictures of Y/N's face... Filled with concern, her hands warm on his cold cheek... Worry changed to the beginnings of fear as she moved away from him... Filled with pain as bruises appeared on her cheek as she looked up at an enraged Jimin...

His heart clenched in pain. What is this? He asked himself. Please... Please tell me this didn't actually happen... It has to be a nightmare... a horrible nightmare... Please...

He gathered all his courage to find out what exactly was going on. First things first, he peeled his eyelids apart. Initially, he saw his other soulmates on the floor with him, all equally naked. In a normal situation, he might have assumed that they'd all gotten drunk and passed out together... but signs of blood smears made his eyes widened. He passed his hand over his face and realized that he could feel excess moisture. He looked down and noticed blood under his fingernails and on his palms.

Other sounds broke into his consciousness. Jeny's voice was hard and angry. "You might want to stay with them tonight... Maybe use this as a chance to get them checked out. I may be furious, but I will acknowledge that they would never act like this normally."

His heart pounded and he found he couldn't lift his gaze from his hands. He was afraid... So afraid. "That's a good idea. You'll call me if either of you need anything?" Sejin sounded tense and upset as well.

"Of course," Jeny responded before he heard a sound of pain from Y/N. "Y/N? Are you okay?"

Hobi was desperate to hear her response, but he didn't get the chance to. The voice he did hear finally made him look up. "Y/N?" Yoongi's voice was gravelly and filled with pain. "Baby? What...?" Hobi's gaze followed Yoongi's eyes and a trembling and bloody Y/N was being sheltered by Jeny and Sejin. His brain was having a hard time understanding why she was in Jungkook's puffy jacket and he shook his head to add some clarity to it. He knew one thing... One excruciatingly horrible thing... They had hurt Y/N.

He wished he could have stopped Yoongi from reaching for her as her trembling increased to the point that he was surprised that she didn't fall to the ground. The panicked sound she made ripped through his soul. She held out a bloody palm to hold him back. Hobi's attention was laser focused on the semi-circular cuts on her hands and fingers. It only took him a moment before he realized that they were teeth marks. A shiny surface reflected his bloody lips and he realized that he'd caused at least some of those marks. His heart sank and his stomach churned. "What happened?" Yoongi finally asked.

Jeny pulled Y/N behind her as if she could hide the taller girl. He'd never seen Jeny so furious before and he quaked beneath that gaze. It was full of accusations and anger. "What happened? What happened... I can't..." Hobi watched her take hold of her temper with visible effort. He knew if their quivering soulmate hadn't been standing behind her, it might have been a different story. She pushed her hair back and issued a heavy sigh. She looked at her soulmate with only a little less anger. "You tell them what just happened. We're leaving."