3. Nothing

One of these days, Seokjin will be able to do it. He says it to himself as he runs his tongue over his bottom lip, trying to hold back his breath.

Sometimes Yoongi reminds him of a cat when he's asleep. He looks so delicate, so sensitive that he could be woken up by any wind.

They are the same age, but he is much smaller. He has a face of daily bitterness, with his eyes narrowed and his nose wrinkled whenever he encounters something he doesn't like. Even from time to time, he tends to blink so slowly that you wonder if he's really blinking.

All the details of his skin are best noticed early in the morning. Seokjin learned it after years of sleeping next to him; how Yoongi tends to curl up around him, but retreat when they try to hug him; the murmurs that he lets out every time he dreams and, of course, his entire face when he is still far from waking up.

Seokjin was always able to get up very early, for as long as he can remember. He likes the idea of being present when everything else around him is asleep, and although it may be a bizarre deal, he likes to do the same with people. Sometimes, as a child, he would go to his mother's room to watch him rest for a few minutes; He memorized his calm faces, like streams of water that have found home; He stopped to recognize them as absent. With Yoongi, however, something unpredictable happened from the first time they slept together.

That day, as always afterwards, Yoongi's father ended up making his son prefer to sleep on the street than at home. Jin had found him when he was returning from the store to buy some potatoes at midnight without his mother noticing. Seeing him lying there, he approached, and barely a few weeks after meeting him, he invited him to sleep at his house.

They sneaked in through the window of Seokjin's room, which overlooked a leafy, easy-to-climb tree. Yoongi climbed quickly, and once inside he couldn't help but feel the warmth that that home radiated; It was like you only had to stand inside to know how united everyone was inside, how strong their bond was. Yoongi's house was always cold; Maybe that's why he didn't mind sleeping on the floor with a blanket at first, until Seokjin felt so bad that he invited him to get into bed with him.

It was a matter of no one sleeping on the floor on a winter night. And maybe so was the fact that after a few hours, they were already arm-in-arm.

Seokjin woke up the next morning with that realization, letting go immediately and feeling strange.

That is, until he turned to see the face of the boy next to him.

And just like that morning, Seokjin was now lost among all the features, needing to have the courage to be able to approach and finish....

But he can't, because he doesn't even know what he really wants to do with that face. That's why he just runs his hand through his hair, a strategy that he knows will make those small eyes open. To no one's surprise, he pulls it off.

"What time is it?" The raspy words come out of Yoongi like a leak, a warning of annoyance.

"I don't know, but early."

Yoongi doesn't stay to see Seokjin, but instead sits on the bed. He leaves the other staring at an empty space and feeling his stomach drop to the floor when he follows him to sit down as well. The smaller of the two, the one with thin legs and hair dyed in a soft orange tone, gets out of bed, revealing himself wearing nothing but underwear and the shirt that Jin always lends him to sleep in.

Seokjin stares at him as he returns to the fabric from the day before. He thinks of the still face. "Stay for breakfast." He finds himself almost pleading. Yoongi shakes his head before stabbing words into the chest of what he considers the best friend he's ever had in his life.