golden

Author's note: This is my imagining of the hotel scene in 19x03, and my attempt at writing bottom Kai.

Big thanks to Melissa for being my beta!

I would also like to acknowledge that it was my own choice to make Kai AFAB in this fic, though it isn't explicitly said at any point in the show. Don't assume that all people who are NB are AFAB, because there is so much diversity within the NB community. <3

***

After many years of being branded as "Hurricane Amelia," Amelia was determined to keep her presence at work strictly professional as she took on a more prominent teaching role in the hospital. This proved to be more difficult than she had anticipated, however, upon Kai's unexpected arrival earlier that morning.

The energy between them was charged, like some sort of magnetic force. Everything they did seemed to pull her in closer: the stolen glances, the knowing smiles, the subtle touches at every opportunity...it was a miracle she'd managed to last all day without dragging them into an on-call room.

As the couple entered Kai's hotel room, the tall scientist dropped their jacket by the small sofa and sat at the end of the bed. They took a brief moment to admire the woman in front of them; how her pants hugged her hips in just the right way, how her eyes were bright and passionate, how her dark hair framed her beautiful face...Kai was absolutely smitten.

"You know what I find super sexy?" Amelia asked, walking over to stand in front of them at the foot of the bed. She reached her arms around their neck, running her fingers through their hair. The slightest smirk formed on their mouth as their hand found her waist.

"Me," they stated, looking up at her. Their smirk fell away as they saw the look of reverence on her face. The surgeon continued smoothing her hands down their hair, pure adoration in her eyes.

"I was going to say surprises, but yeah...you," Amelia replied. The tension between them dissipated as they met in a heated kiss. It was these kisses that made the distance worth it; that kept them coming back to one another over and over again.

Amelia shrugged off her burgundy jacket, letting it fall to the floor as Kai's hand landed on her ass, their other hand pulling her leg up on the bed, then wrapping back around her waist to pull the neurosurgeon down on top of them.

"Mmm, I missed you," Kai sighed as Amelia kissed her way down their jaw, inching closer toward their ear.

"I missed you too," Amelia near-whispered, her voice low and seductive as her lips hovered by the shell of their ear. They pressed their chest up into her body, wanting more, wanting to be closer; always closer.

Amelia let out a satisfied hum, her face lighting up with a mischievous grin as she pushed their shoulders back down onto the bed.

Kai knew exactly what Amelia was doing, and it was working. The devastatingly beautiful neurosurgeon on top of them knew all kinds of little ways to make them squirm, and they fully intended to let her have her way with them.

Often when the two were intimate, Kai liked to take control. Performing in the bedroom felt much like performing on stage for them; it was a place where they felt confident and carefree. They liked how they could make Amelia fall apart; make the usually oh-so-professional surgeon forget how to speak. They could please her with the same level of attention and passion they usually reserved for their music, or for the lab, always leaving her spent and satisfied.

Tonight, though, the scientist's body was buzzing with want and desire, and it was like Amelia could read their mind. The neurosurgeon wasn't submissive by any means. Kai did like to be in control, but the brunette above them loved having the power at times, and they loved letting her, especially on a night like this when every fiber of their being just wanted to get lost in the beauty that was Amelia.