10.02.22

The time of arrival had been confirmed. One-thirty it was. I didn't have any work to do in the morning so I decided to spend the morning in my cabin. End of holidays finally – I had been thinking. As I sat on my bed and looked out from the window at the sea, my palms were together and I was in a state of unknown tension. The last week had been quite fruitful for me and it was indeed a holiday as I spent this week away from any family or business tension. I am really thankful to Brian and Caleb for making these days pass extraordinarily for me. After all, it was not only the ocean but also the true friendship of Brian and Caleb – Brian, with his smile, and Caleb, with his words of wisdom – that made me feel refreshed and filled me with determination.

The road had been smooth yet but the path ahead was rough. After I would climb down the ship, I had to go through some official process at the harbour and then rush to a lodge and then to my new office. I would have to work till midnight again, try to bring the company on its feet in Singapore as soon as possible and also deal with Aly meanwhile. Tough job. Had I still been reluctant on divorce, this would have been a little simpler with the lawyers to handle. But now I had to win her back.

It was at around twelve when I finally gave out a long sigh, decided to face everything that may come, whatever may be the situation, and most importantly – never give up till end. Nothing's over yet, and I am not going to let anything take Aly away from me this time.

At one, we all lined up over the deck. Brian was with me. We could see the coast now which was slowly seeming larger and larger as we were approaching closer. There were some technical difficulties because of which the ship was taking time to station.

"It was really nice meeting you, Mr. Brown", Brian said to me amidst the excitement.

"Likewise, Brian... You don't call your friends 'Mister', remember?"

"Ah, yes. I was just trying to be formal". He smiled.

"You're going to have a busy day too?", I asked him.

"Nope, I will go and have a nap at my house, take this day off and then rush to my errand tomorrow... It seems you will have quite a busy day. You took a holiday amidst business crisis. That can make anyone go 'Wow'." I nodded and smiled. What I had done was probably one of its kind.

"Is it possible we ever get to meet again?", I asked him.

"I'd love to, George. I had given you my number, right?". I nodded. I was looking at the port as the ship was slowing down, preparing for a halt. "I always love coming here. Singapore, I mean. Is it your first time?".

"Yes, it is".

"I will text you a list of good restaurants and pubs then. You'll love to visit them".

"Oh, that would be a great help, Brian".

"But there's this awesome restaurant I always like to have my dinner whenever possible. The South-east Fusion it is. Visit it someday".

"I'd love to". I was getting impatient now.

It was fifteen minutes later when the ship came to an eventual halt and the anchors were dropped. My bulkier luggage had been handed over to the crew for disembarkation and I was carrying two backpacks with me. When the custom officers announced of the debarkation, people were divided in groups to avoid a stampede. Brian had to leave before me. As his turn came, he turned around and embraced me.

"I am never forgetting these days and forgetting you is never an option", he said to me.

"You have been a great friend to me, Brian. I apologise if I ever hurt you in these eight days".