The Endless Loop

We marched to our designation with dread and bloodlust for our enemies, we knew that we would probably.

What we face will most likely scar us for the rest of our lives but we couldn't back down then because we knew that the maddest would probably never come to the end.

As we slowly approached our destination we began to notice many of the cultists that managed to Escape our wrath disabowed themselves and cover the walls and the floors with strange symbols made from shit and blood.

I was tapped on the shoulder by one of my men as he whispered into my ear ( they are still alive and they're smiling ) I replied to him with ( focus on the mission we will deal with them later).

In truth, I had no intention of actually coming back we wasted too much ammo and manpower and I had a feeling that was exactly what they wanted too.

I suddenly stopped when I saw the kid wrapped in the arms of a halfway skin alive woman, drugged to hell back unable to move or fight back.

As she rubbed her skinless hands through his hair that's when I noticed his clothes were shredded and symbols were cut into his skin but the weirdest part was she had a look of Shame.

she raised her eyes and looked up at me this is what she said ( hello old friend you might not remember me but I do remember you I hope your time here wasn't as bad as last time)

I was taking a back before I could speak she cut me off and continues ( do you ever wonder how humans keep a god chain, through belief and sacrifice)

(That's how you got your eye the goddess of machines blesses you and the chain God blessed The Kid because, in our weird way, we worship them.)

(But what do gods do with their followers) her face turns Red with Rage she shouts (forcing us to test our convictions and pushing us closer over the edge but what happens if you fail their little game they make you play it again and again and again and again and again and again until you break)

(We used to be friends, we used to be acquaintances, we used to be family, we used to be enemies, we used to be unlikely allies, we used to be lovers.)

(With every loop, it changes just a little bit enough for us to get close and to turn on that charger once we get our blessings, but every time we lose memories I'm outside the prison outside of that little game.)

(that's why you can't remember what it was like on the outside only bits and pieces right and why the kid never once asked your name because he already knew it but didn't want to tell you )

(due to this reality of endless suffering ignorance becomes its blessing when an endless hell, I have what we need to end the endless cycle)