Chapter 4

Hey sorry I've been gone so long. Definitely want to start getting more aktive again. Let me know if you habe any ideas:)

Nov 23rd 2012

It was November. Meredith couldn't believe that it was already Thanksgiving. She never celebrated that holiday growing up. She never ate a home made turky or told a bunch of family members what she was grateful for. Growing up she either stuck at home with a nanny or in the hospital with some nurse.

But that should change today.

Right now she was sitting on an airplane to new york. Next to her a sleeping Derek. She couldn't supress her smile while she looked at him. The last 4 months had been incredible and she was probably the happiest she's ever been.

It had been 4 months. 4 months since the incredibly hot looking guy at some party she didn't want to attend spoke to her.

And from that moment these two had been attached by the hip. They weren't a couple. Not yet. They haven't even kissed. And while sometimes she was afraid that he didn't like her the way she liked him she knew he just wanted to do this the right way and give her time. And she was grateful for that.

Meredith and Derek were pretty much best friends. Maybe a little more. Meredith wasn't sure if best friends took each other home for thanksgiving or had sleepovers to study or to just watch a movie and cuddle. At least Mark didn't think so.

Meredith and Mark had met about a month after she met Derek. And while they got along really well and Meredith definitely was immune to the Sloan charm, Mark always pointed out how strange they're relationship was. Meredith wasnt sure if he was right.

But what she did knew was that she was definitely falling for Derek Shepherd. The times where he would sleep at her or she at his place and he would just hold her while sleeping was just incredible. She never felt so safe in her life.

She was pulled out of her thoghts when she felt movement beside her. When she turned her head a sleepy looking Derek smiled at her.

„Hey sleepyhead"

„Hey" , he yawned

„how long was I asleep?"

„Just an hour or so". , she smiled while runnig her fingers through his curles. She loved those curls. And every chance she got she would touch them.

„Whats on your mind?", he questioned.

„Nothing... i'm just... i guess i'm just a little nervous", she shrugged

„I mean I've never celebrated thanksgiving what if i do something wrong? And are you really sure thats it okay that i come? I mean now would be a really bad time if you say no but it would be okay you know. But what if they dont like me or...."

she just then realized that he was laughing.

„Why are you laughing its not funny!"

„God it's adorable when you rambel like that!"

„No its not"

„But it is"

„Is not"

„Okay you win!"

„Thank you"

„Now, you can't do anything wrong, yes i'm sure you can come and i'm sure they'll like you don't worry!"
he smiled.

„Ladies and gentlemen please put your seatbelts on we're about to land in NY"

okay here we go!"