Chapter 4

After running and sparing more enemies they finally get to a new section. This scenery seems familiar to Klonoa. Suddenly it hits Klonoa. It was that super addicting game he was playing before arriving at the dark world: SnakeDog. 

Klonoa: SnakeDog!

Susie: Huh?

Klonoa: It's one of the arcade games! I so want to meet her! I could just feel myself relating to her when I was playing that game!

Ralsei: Um..... I am sorry to tell you.... But it isn't healthy to have a video game character crush. They can't return your feelings. 

Klonoa blushing: I do NOT have a crush on her! What about Sonic?!

Ralsei: I don't know how to explain it to you without leaving you without hope.

Kris: ... Go for it.

Klonoa: What are you guys saying?!

Kris: ........

The group continues on. This section was like the other in terms of war. But they can go no further. There is a giant wall that blocks the way toward the dark fountain and the castle that Ace had built for himself. They were attacked when they got close to the wall but after a lot of fighting an sparing the general of the wall comes down to meet them.

Susie: Looks like the boss came here to fight!

Klonoa: He looks familiar....

General: At ease. I seen your DETERMINATION. You are all a perfect and unstoppable team. But I must ask, Why do you wish to cross the wall?

Ralsei: We are the Lightners. We need to seal the dark fountain. 

General: I see. However I suggest you leave Ace alone. He is doing what's best for all of us. It saddens me to see that all the protagonists of other sections are opposed to him. Let us form a truce.

Kris: ......

General: There is these rebels. They are getting out of hand. At first we paid them no mind, because we thought that such a small group couldn't do much. Now it seems inevitable that they come out victorious. 

Klonoa: Um.... Who is the leader of the rebels?

General: Tch.... Snakedog. The B-..... the woman is relentless.

Klonoa: WAIT! You're general Killgen!

General: Have we met?

Klonoa: You are the one who takes over the world if the player loses!

General: If what? Please cease your joking. You are sounding an awfully like that crazy fox with the type of nonsense you are saying. Clear the rebels. If you do then I promise with my title of General on the line that I will let you through the wall.

 Klonoa: Kris! This guy is bad!

Kris: .......

(I agree or Klonoa.....)

Kris: Klonoa... This is not a game. 

Ralsei: Does the general seem the same as the one you think you know?

Klonoa thinks about it. No. This version of the general seems much more calm and caring than the shouting dictator that he was shown to be in the arcade. Klonoa knows that he is still trying to win the war for roughly the same reasons from all the posters on the walls, but it is hard to believe. Klonoa lets out a sigh. They were right. Everyone deserved a chance to redeem themselves. Maybe the General will make the right choices this time.