Chapter 11

After that awkwardness, Gabriel turned to me as he put his hand on my shoulder.

"You okay? What happened earlier?" He had a worried expression on his face.

I give him a small grin. "It's alright Gab, I'm fine."

"Really?"

"Yes, nothing happened."

"If you say so."

We dropped the convo and headed to my house.

A silence happened between us. Not a bad one though, just pure silence.

Arriving at the front of my door, I turned to Gab who was about to leave.

"Thanks Gab, see you tomorrow!" I wave goodbye before entering. He waved goodbye back and ran off.

Stepping foot into inside, I saw Esther and a few maids trying to make food inside the kitchen.

Esther grew a smile on his face, seeing me walk into the kitchen.

"Hey sis!" He greeted and pulled me into a hug. "Hello Esther."

"What are you making?" I ask while staring at the meals he had made.

"I'm trying to make your famous butterfly macaroons.. I'm not sure if it looks like one though." He jokes, pointing at the baked goods.

"Need some help?" I ask, his eyes lit up. "Finally! I was waiting for you to say that!"

We burst into laughter.

I then grab my apron, tying it around my waist. We then go and make another batch of macaroons.

After we finished, the macaroons looked delicious! Esther grew a huge smile on his face, looking proud.

"Thanks for the help!" He hugged me tightly. "No problem Esther. Oh, and question."

"Yes?"

"Why do you suddenly have the urge to make these macaroons?" I ask.

A blush appeared on his cheeks, rubbing the back of his neck as he looked away, trying not to smile.

"Well.. it's just for a girl. That's all."

"A girl?~" I repeated, a smirk growing.

His face had grown red, as red as our hair.

I cackle at his reaction, watching him freeze in his place.

"Does my brother have a crush?" I ask as I raised an eyebrow, continuing to tease him.

He opened his mouth, trying to figure out the right thing to say.

"I- uh- ... Estella!!" He glared at me, punching my shoulder playfully.

I laughed at the flustered Esther, that was pouting at me.

"Dude calm down, sorry bro." I started, looking at him with a smile.

He glared at me for a moment before sighing and turning to the macaroons.

"I'll put these in a box." Was the last thing he had told me before going upstairs, and into our room.

The next day, me and Gab were at the flower shop looking for the perfect gift to give Aurora.

I walked around, glancing at the flowers that were in display.

Noticing some tulips that were for sale, a small smile had formed unto my face.

I bent down and stared at the tulips in front of me, seeing that it was fresh.