Remnant Gets a Visit

Ozpin's day was going so well. It was the beginning of the semester, he had launched the hapless students off a cliff, and classes were just beginning. Everything seemed so...peaceful. He turned to the window of his office and sighed contentedly, drinking deep from his mug. It was a good day.

I wish days like this could last forever. He thought, eyes clouding slightly from remembering days and lives past, of endless, endless conflict with one he had so much history with. Staring out into the city, he remembered how many times the landscape before him had changed, with kingdoms rising and falling. So many times had they scarred this world, and with nothing changing.

It was going so well, until he felt it. A pulse of magic.

It sent shivers up his spine. It was magic; pure, raw, and oh so powerful. In his shock he dropped the mug in his hands. He looked beyond to the city, where he felt the wave of power.

It was overwhelming. He had not felt like that since...

Two dragons hovered, towering in the sky. One white, one dark. The feeling of awe and dread and the feeling of wanting to kneel and worship...!

Have they returned? Ozpin had to make sure. Whatever it is, it is something that would surely affect this war he had been waging. He quickly made to reach for his scroll. "Glynda, come to my office. Now."

He looked back to the city. Whatever that had been, it has arrived in Vale. And if he felt it... She felt it too.

He sincerely hoped that the worst won't come to pass.

]|[

Salem's eyes narrowed. The Grimm around the castle howled in fear, echoing across her lands. She felt it, the wave of magic from across the horizon. It was them...! She seethed in anger. Had Ozpin gathered the relics together? She shook her head. The maidens were unaccounted for. It was impossible. It was not the Brother Gods who had cursed her so. She calmed herself, and sank back down her throne.

A wave of her hand, and a seer floated in front of her. The jellyfish-like creature floated idly in front of its mistress awaiting orders. After a while, an image of a black haired woman with amber eyes in a mini dress appeared on the Seer. The woman stared fearfully at Salem, but kept her cool.

"Cinder." She hissed out. "There has been a new development. You have felt it, have you not?"

The woman, Cinder, could only nod. She kept her mouth shut. She could feel the cold rage of her mistress even through the vision from the Seer.

"Find the source of this...magic. If you find that it was Ozma," Salem snarled, her face contorting in a horrific visage. "Accelerate your plans. If it is something else, find out if it can be brought to heel, and if not, report back. Am I understood?"

Cinder nodded. Salem sighed and brought a hand to her head, squeezing the bridge of her eyes. "Do not fail me child. This can change everything." Salem dismissed the seer, who floated away.

She slammed her hands on the table, smashing it apart. She could only scream in rage at the reminder of her cursed life.

]|[

Being dropped to some shady alley was not a fun time. It was certainly not how he was imagining his afternoon to go. He sighed, he should really be getting used to being teleported or portaled randomly while peacefully napping the day away.

"Warlic!" He screamed out. "What is it this time?! Need more mystic quills?!" No answer. "Gravelyn?! Drakath?!" He called out the other usual suspects of his kidnapping. Where the hell did he get teleported this time? "...Artix?" He chanced. Nope. Nothing.