Bridge building

"...and then I punched Torchwick in the face!" Yang finished her story. Qrow chuckled at his niece's antics. Winter Schnee, Specialist of Atlas, and currently the one asking questions about the situation, groaned into her palms.

"Miss Xiao Long, I was asking on why your team on why you were pursuing Torchwick and the White Fang in the first place. Need I remind you that you might have been interfering with official investigations?" She said evenly. Weiss stepped forward before Yang could retort.

"Sister. There were no such developments being made in these 'official investigations' in the first place." Winter's eyebrow twitched at her sister's probably unintentional jab at the current authorities in the room. Qrow tried to hide a smile behind his hand. He failed. Winter glared at him, and Qrow raised his hands in a placating manner.

"We were in a prime position to start a more focused investigation in the first place. My teammate and a friend investigated the current state of the White Fang. Yang and...Neptune," Weiss whispered the last name in a way that made the twitch in Winter's eyebrow more erratic. "Investigated Roman Torchwick's whereabouts. I and my team leader here," Weiss dragged Ruby to show off to her sister, like a child showing off her latest drawing. Ruby smiled weakly and muttered a shy "Hi...?" to the Specialist. "Investigated the Dust Robberies."

Weiss smiled smugly. "We have triangulated the most likely shipments and distributors Torchwick or the White Fang would steal next." Winter raised her eyebrows in surprise. Weiss showed her sister her scroll, Qrow leaning in to look, where it showed a list of data about dust shipment schedules, patterns of delivery, and a quick correlation to Roman Torchwick's latest hits. It was a brilliant presentation. Winter smiled at her sister. "Great work." She said, and Weiss stood a bit taller, preening under her sister's praise.

"Wow. Great job, smaller ice queen." Qrow said, genuinely impressed. Weiss glared at the drunk, black haired veteran, her sister mirroring her actions. "But. With Roman Torchwick now getting caught by you guys, won't this information you got be outdated?"

Weiss started to talk, but Winter stepped in. "It would still be a most useful piece of intel. I imagine Torchwick would have left instructions to his men what to do if he is not present at the moment, and these men might still carry out his instructions. Furthermore," Winter smirked. "We could use this information to squeeze a little bit more on Torchwick."

Qrow snorted at that. "Alright, alright. Still, great job nonetheless, you guys." He said, leaning back to his corner on the wall.

"Oh! And there was this other guy too!" Yang shouted suddenly, remembering the guy that beat up Torchwick's sidekick. "I think Torchwick was after him! The guy said that it was Torchwick's assistant that blew up the place."

"What did this man look like?" Winter asked.

"He has this black cap on, and a long sleeved shirt and black jeans." Yang recited. "He has black hair, around as tall as Blake," She pointed to her teammate. "and he was kinda young, but older than we are. So mid-20s, I think."

"Who is this 'guy', then?" Qrow asked. "A huntsman?"

"I don't...actually know?" Yang said sheepishly. "We just saw him drinking beer at the club. He has a weapon and a nasty semblance, though. He...messed up Torchwick's minion real bad."

The rest of the kids in the room winced at the memory. They saw Neo being carted away by medics, her face still screaming silently in pain, writhing around in the gurney as the personnel took her to the ambulance. It was uncomfortable to watch.

Winter and Qrow noticed this reaction. This was something they had to report to their respective superiors. A rogue agent was involved.

]|[