Chapter 1

It was Tuesday, and I was getting ready for my afternoon run. I walked over to my cream colored dresser and pulled open the drawer. I picked out a blue crop top and my black Adidas shorts. I walked into my bathroom and looked into the mirror. Light streamed out from the window and made my green eyes glow. I pulled my hair back in a long wavy blonde ponytail. I looked at my figure.
I disapprovingly take a look at my height. I'm short for my age. I'm 5'0 and 16 years old.
I'm tan and  my body had a nice curve to it.
My phone buzzed . I looked down at it. Emily was texting me.

"Hey I'm outside." It read.

I simply texted back "Ok." and headed downstairs.

I went through the hallway of packaged boxes, and opened the glass door.

Emily stood there with her blue eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Ready to go?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm ready!" I laughed.

We bounded down the brick steps and jogged across the grass onto the road, and started running.

We started sprints after we ran about two blocks.

We rounded a few corners. Emily slowed down to a stop. I slowed down and jogged in place.

"You ok Em?" I asked. "I'm fine." She answered. I turn and started jogging again until I didn't here footsteps behind me.

"You go ahead! I'm going to wait back home for you!"

"Okay!" I yell back.

I turn around and started running again. I slow down to an abrupt stop when I saw a wooded area.

I peer through the thick trees. I walked through the woods. I looked around and smiled. It was beautiful. I looked around again. I had to shake myself out of the trance.
My legs feel heavy. But I decide to keep going. I continue again through the woods. After a while my legs start to give out, and I felt a sharp pain in my left thigh.

I look behind me. The trail was bending and winding as if it were chasing me.

Before I could fully turn around I clash into someone.

I fall to the ground hard.

"Ugh!" I say through clenched teeth.

I stand up and dust myself off. I widened my eyes in concern when I saw the person that I ran into, on the ground.

"Oh my God!" I say quickly. "Are you okay?!" I ask.

The boy looked up at me.

His eyes...

"Y-yeah! I'm fine!" He says quickly.

He started staring at me.

I examined every detail of him.

His dark hair.
His high cheek bones.
The shadows on his face.
His sharp jawline.
His lips.

I found myself studying the color in his eyes again. They were brown with green circling his pupils. Hazel. I could feel myself blush.

Stop staring and do something.

I quickly tear myself from his eyes, that seem to be taking control of me. I awkwardly try to avoid looking into his eyes again.

I broke the silence by saying

"Here let me help you!"

I say holding out my hand to him. He looked at me again and took my hand. When our hands touched I felt a spark.