Chapter 3

Jenna's POV

I awake with a jolt and the realization that it's morning.

Three weeks. It's been three weeks since I saw him...

Memories flash back into my head and I can almost hear the echo of his voice. His laugh. I can almost hear our conversation replaying over and over again, like a broken record that can't seem to be stopped.

I miss it. The way he made me feel.

A wave of mixed emotions flew over me. I felt calm, and warm. Images of his light brown eyes, and his smile appear in my head. Then I hear his voice again. I can't stop thinking about him.

The screech of the alarm on my nightstand kept making a shrill sharp sound.

"Ugh!" I groan.

I reach over and slam my hand down on the surface of the alarm clock, shutting the red flashing numbers down.

Streams of pale sunlight shone through the window and onto my face creating a warmth that I don't want to fade.
  I rub my face with the back of my hand and sit up in bed, swinging my legs over in the process of getting out of the warm blanket.

I walk out of my room and down the hallway, into the bathroom. The aroma of vanilla mixed with sandlewood filled my nose. I inhaled the sweet scent immediately and took a deep breath.

I turn on the silver knob to the sink. I stick my fingers underneath the faucet. The water feels cool and silky on my fingertips. I splash the water onto my face and feel immediately refreshed.

I gaze at myself in the mirror. I stared for a while and felt myself drift away in my thoughts.

"Jenna!" I hear a voice call my name from downstairs. "Emily is here!"

"Coming!" I call.

I take one last look in the mirror, grab my bag, and headed  downstairs.

I closed the glass door behind me as I stood outside. I turn and look around expected to see Emily.

Emily was parked in the driveway, sitting in a silver convertible. She glanced up at me with bright eyes and smiled. She honks the horn and yells across the yard to me.

"Hey!"

"Hey Em!" I say happily squeezing her into a hug.

"Ready for the first day of Junior year?" She asks sarcastically.

"Don't even get me started Em." I say rolling my eyes.

I slam the car door shut behind me as I slide in.

Emily looks me up and down and a smile curls onto her lips.

"You look so cute!" She smiles.

  I look in the rearview mirror and examine myself.

My long blonde hair was curled loosely, and flowed down my shoulders. My eyes were complimented with natural makeup. I wore a white laced shirt, that hugged my flat stomach, and showed my smooth curves, I was wearing a pastel pink skirt that rippled around my legs, and sandy colored wedges.

But Emily looked beautiful.

Her hair was flat ironed and hung loosely in layers around her shoulders. She wore light makeup as well, She was wearing a blue floral top, with a sweetheart neckline, and a white jean jacket overtop, and light blue skinny jeans. For shoes she was wearing black wedges.

Overall, she looked great.

"Em, you look gorgeous!" I squeal.

She smiles and  pulls out of the driveway, and drives up the dark road.