Chapter 2

Jenna's POV

I ran out of the woods keeping a slow jog.
I couldn't help myself. I let out a squeal of excitement. As soon as I realize what I'm doing I slap my hand over my mouth. I giggle. Warmth spreads through my body. I felt like I was going to overheat. Partly because of how hot it is outside and partly because of the way Ethan made me feel. I feel so dumbfounded right now that I might as well faint because of how girly I'm acting. Ethan just turned my life upside down. He makes my world spin. I felt sparks fly when he almost kissed me.

Oh my God I wish he kissed me.

I feel my cheeks get warm. A familiar feeling comes back to me. It makes my heart hammer out of my chest.

I replayed the scene in my head over and over again. It came fast like flashes. I replayed the scene where he almost kissed me. I felt as if electricity was coursing through my veins.

I touched my stomach as I remember how it felt when we were chest to chest. It flashed back to when his soft top lip traced mine. I touch my lip lightly. I smile to myself and blush.

I snapped out of it and started jogging up the sand colored driveway, and bounded up the steps.

I reach the glass door and turn the silver knob. I step in quietly and close the door behind me, my back facing the outside. I breathe hard from the impact of how long I ran. I slide down the door.

"What did I just get myself into?" I giggle lightly.

"Hey Jen, is that you?"I hear Emily say her voice muffled from the walls between us.

"Yeah." I call tired.

Emily walks around the corner wearing a white crop top and maroon colored shorts.
She sits down next to me leaning against the door. I swallow hard, my throat dry. I look at Emily. She looks at me.

"Where were you?" She asks.

I look at her and try to hide the smile beginning to spread across my face. I bit the inside of my cheek to keep myself from revealing anything. Emily looks at me and squints at me with her "You better tell me right now" look. She stares at me suspiciously.

I look down and say "I-I got lost."
I look down as she burned holes into the side of my face.
I look up at her again. Her ocean blue eyes sparkled with amusement.

I blush, my heart starts to pound, and my palms get sweaty, and sticky.

"Tell me, Tell me, Tell me!"
She starts poking me. I start to laugh as she pokes my side tickling me. I jump up and start backing away.

"Tell me right now Jenna!" She says stepping toward me.

Oh Crap.

Emily does anything to get secrets out of me. Even if it means tackling me to the floor to get it out of me.
I turn and run and she runs after me. I run around the hall and sprint up the stairs. I dash into my room and try to close it but she slides through the door at the speed of light.

"Emily stop!" I laugh trying to contain what's left of my oxygen.
I place my hands on my hips and sit down on the bed. She plops down next to me. She looks at me expecting me to spill it.

"Okay,okay I'll tell you!" I say not able to stand her stares any longer.

She looks at me eagerly and her blue eyes brighten. "I met someone." I say starting to get hot. "I was running through the-"
"I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!" She exclaims.
She spins around and dances with glee.