Chapter - 1

Pete's Pov

"Dude, I'm both scared and excited at the same time", my friend Porsche dramatically said.

" Don't be scared, everything's going to be fine.", I said while sighing, probably for the 11th time.

" We're going to attend college with humans who can turn into vampires and werewolves.. Any sane individual would obviously be scared, duh",
he said, folding his arms on his chest.

" Chill, They can't hurt us as long as we're wearing our pendants and also it's against the rules you know.
And for God sake we're joining a prestigious elite institution, I don't think people who'll come there would do such things and most importantly we will maintain our distance from such creatures",..
I said while comforting Porsche but to be honest I was scared myself. Well, maybe scared is not the right word. I was nervous. I haven't had any interaction with such creatures ever. So the fear and anticipation was valid.
But I am also very proud of the fact that we are going to such a great college. both of us have worked our asses off to join that University.
Am glad that we both could get in together .
I can't even imagine how hard it would be for me if we had to be separated. Porsche is my best friend. Well, he is also my cousin.
Ever since My uncle and aunt took me in after my parent's despise, I haven't spent a single day without Porsche.
We went to the same human-only pre-school, middle school and high school,  though they weren't anywhere near elite as the one we're going to join now.

" Well, they're still half monsters. Anyways am going to stay Miles away from anyone like that." He said while holding his pendant.

The pendant which is crafted using the magic spell given by the witches of ancient times to protect humans from vampires and werewolves..
They can't hurt us as long as we're wearing it.
Given the population of humans, now these pendants are very normal and basically every human has it.
God bless those witches, or else we would have still been walking dinner for those vampires and prey for werewolves.
They creep the shit outta me and I haven't even met one yet.

***********

For our college, We moved to a completely different city. In this city other creatures can also freely move. Unlike, the small town of ours which was just for humans.
Me and Porsche are sharing our dorm room. Which is a good thing because I don't feel comfortable beside anyone else other than him.

" Pete my baby are you ready for the day?", Porsche asked while rubbing his eyes. He was still not completely awake.

" For the last time, Don't call me that", I looked at him with siren eyes, while I was toasting the bread.

Porsche is very goofy ,and trouble always followed wherever he went. So I have been basically babysitting him since we were kids. It would make more sense if I called him that.

" Why are you so grumpy huh?", He rolled his eyes and took the toast that I just made.

"sorry if I sounded rude. Its just my nerves are acting up", I sighed and sat next to him for the breakfast.

" Wait a minute, you haven't brushed yet. Have you?", I asked with disgust.

" I'll brush while taking the shower. It saves me a lot of time", he babbled With his mouth full of toast.

" You're weird and disgusting", I shrugged my shoulder with disgust.

" I thought you were used to this", he sheepishly smiled .

I just rolled my eyes.

*************

" Are you okay Pete?", Porsche asked looking at me with concerned eyes.