chapter twenty

(2 months later)

(december 24)

(marinette's pov)

--

I look at Alya and I's poorly decorated Christmas tree and laugh. I place Adrien's gifts under the tree, feeling fuzzy inside thinking of him.

Adrien and I have been going strong, we somehow haven't been revealed to the public. We're the best secret keepers. I sip the hot cocoa I bought earlier, continuing to wrap Adrien's gifts.

The faint sound of Christmas music plays throughout the campus. As well as the snow covering the ground. I smile, as the vibe of Christmas overwhelms my dorm room. My red sweater gets caught in the tape as I'm wrapping the presents, I sigh.

I get a call, from my lovely boyfriend I presume. I pick it up, "Hello?"

"Hey beautiful," my charming boyfriend says. "Hey, what's up?" I say, wrapping a golden ribbon over his present, smiling. I get up from my crisscross position and put the last wrapped present down.

"I think Santa Noir is coming to visit his lady tonight." I heard my boyfriend joke, and I rolled my eyes. "Is he?" I asked, doing a quick check in the mirror, making sure my outfit is good. "Yeah, too bad he changed his mind." I hear a chuckle from the phone.

"Oh, what a shame. Since I'm so lonely on this Christmas night." I sighed, looking at my tree, smirking mischievously.

I heard the hang-up tone, giggling a bit as I sat down on my soft bed sheets, and opened my laptop. I turned on a Christmas movie, waiting for Adrien to come.

After a few minutes, I wonder where he is. I open my phone, calling him. "Hello?" I heard him say. "Hey, are you coming?" I asked, getting a bit impatient.

"Oh, hey, something came up with my father. Erm, I can't come. Sorry my love, " he said in a sad voice on the phone.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, but hey I have to go. I l-" I heard from the other side of the phone, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay, bye kitty," I said, I heard the hang-up signal once again. I sigh, throwing my phone on the other side of the bed.

"Cheer up Marinette!" I heard Tikki say, I see her fly over to sit next to me, her little Santa hat bobbling on her head.

"I don't wanna cheer up." I pouted, slouching on my bed.

"Oh, come on! You're not lonely! You have your little best friend right here!" Tikki said, smiling. I smiled, "You're right."

She laughed, her squeaky voice filling the room. "Want to watch a Christmas movie?" I asked her, she smiled and nodded.

We sat, watching the movie. She had her mini-blankets on whilst I had my huge blankets on. The only light in the room was my Christmas tree and the screen of my laptop.

And there Tikki and I sat, late into the night. We watched classical Christmas music, I was secretly wishing my kitty was there too.

(Christmas day)
  (marinette's pov)

I woke up, the light shining in through the curtains. I yawned and sat up slowly. Seeing Tikki sleeping peacefully on my pillow.

I quietly got up, getting her little present from my nightstand. I was smiling as I woke her up. "TIKKI!" I shouted.

Her eyes fluttered open, she saw the ladybug-themed wrapping paper. Her eyes were lazily open as she flew over to me.

"Marinette! What's that?" she asked, admiring the small box.

"Well, it's Christmas, so I thought my best friend would want a present," I said, smiling as her eyes lit up with joy.