-The Champion Awakens-

"Turn back."

Adrianna jumped in the darkness as Ishmael stood close behind her. "That's what it says, no?" he said, nodding to the inscription carved into the stone she had been focused on.

"Yes."

"The crown, it's here then," he said in awe.

"It's here." They pressed on, forward and onward.

"There is something else-" Dia said softly, looking down. 

"A tomb-" Adrianna crouched down for further and closer inspection. They had been walking right over it.  "The Champion! Teth-Adam - he's here! The legend really is true - Kahndaq really did have a hero once."

Everyone in Kahndaq knew the legend of the Champion. Empowered by the Council of Wizards, Earth's magical guardians, a young boy was given the power of SHAZAM:

 The stamina of Shu

The swiftness of Heru

The strength of Amon

The wisdom of Zehuti

The power of Aten

And the courage of Mehen.

The next walkway led into a cavern with vaulting high ceilings. High above them, a dimly glowing blue circle with spikes floated freely - the crown of Sabbac.

"We found it, Mama," Dia whispered.  "It's here."

"Diandra, care to do the honours?" Adrianna asked.

"Of course." She held up her hands and used her sorcery to bring the crown down to them. Soon, it was in her hands.  She turned to Ishmael.  "Glad you brought the witch now, huh?" He just stared at the crown, which Adrianna took and clipped to her belt. 

"Adrianna Tomaz!" A shout ripped through the dark cavern. Intergang had caught up with them. 

"Dr. Tomaz," she growled. 

A whole patrol of guards stalked into the cavern, holding Karim at gunpoint. Samir was nowhere to be seen. "It's over - now give me the crown."

"Run Adrianna, run!" shouted Ishmael, earning him a punch in the face, but giving the ladies enough time to duck into the shadows. 

"You have until the count of three to surrender the crown," the commander  of the patrol said, pressing the gun to Karim's head none too gently. "One." She did not move. "Two." She still hesitated. "Three-"

"I'm right here! You can have it!" She stepped into the light and held the prized item out. 

"You let them get to three?!" gasped Karim as the gun  was finally removed from his temple.

They stole the crown, locking it away in a bulletproof case. 

"Any last words?" Now it was the two ladies held at gunpoint. 

Adrianna and Diandra met eyes - Dia knew what she had to do.

"Yeah-" She crouched back down above the tomb and  spoke one word - the magic word:

The stamina of Shu

The swiftness of Heru

The strength of Amon

The wisdom of Zehuti

The power of Aten

And the courage of Mehen

S

A