Mi Amor

Maya... OMG! Maya!" You shout from the bathroom and start sobbing loudly.

"What, what is it?! Who hurt you?! I'm coming y/n!" Maya shouts and comes flying through the bathroom door clutching a saucepan. She takes one look at you, sobbing over the sink clutching something close to your chest. She drops the saucepan and embraces you from behind.

"What's going on baby? I thought you were hurt!" Maya turns you to look at her and wipes your tears.

"Maya, we're pregnant..." You mutter.

"We're what? Y/N, I didn't hear you?" Maya questions.

"We're, we're pregnant Maya, you're going to be a mom!" You cheered.

You hand Maya the pregnancy test and watch as she becomes overtaken by emotion and melts to the floor. You help her to her feet and cup her face gently, softly kissing her lips whilst wiping her tears.

"Our very own fire baby" Maya states softly and smiles. She grabs you by your waist and spins you, until you are entwined and are one. You can feel the happiness radiating from Maya, and she puts a hand gently to your belly and kisses you hard on the lips. You look at your phone and clock the time.

"As lovely as this, shouldn't you be getting to work lieutenant Bishop?" You grin as you hand her a shirt and pants.

Maya sighs and starts buttoning her shirt hastily.

"Hey, I have some free time before my shift starts, how about I come down to the station with you and give you a hand setting up the clinic? It would be nice to see everyone, and I haven't visited since Andy became captain!" You plead.

Maya laughs, "I think everyone would love to see you y/n, they've missed you!" 

You both get ready swiftly and head out to the car. Maya hums sweetly whilst she grabs her keys and her jacket. 

The car shakes to a start, and Maya turns on the radio and starts flicking through the stations.

"So, before my shift starts, I was thinking I can go down to OB, and confirm my pregnancy and book a date for a scan." You state.

Maya looks over and smiles brightly, "I can come with you on my lunch break. I need to head over to Grey-Sloan to pick up Carina and get supplies for the clinic anyway?" Maya asks.

"I would love that bambina", you take Maya's free hand and squeeze it tightly.

As you near the station, you notice how quiet Maya has been for the majority of the journey, you decide not to mention anything. Maya likes to deal with her emotions privately, and by bringing it up, it may only make matters worse.

Maya pulls up to the station silently, when you notice the silent tears falling from Maya's cheeks. You notice Maya starts to shake and hyperventilate, still clutching tightly onto the steering wheel. You can tell by the strain on her face, she's trying to bury whatever she is going through.

Without saying a word, you silently unbuckle your seatbelt and pull her towards you, she starts to sob loudly, and buries her face into your shoulder, holding onto you tightly. You mutter softly into her ear, "it's okay bambina, I've got you, shh shh, you're okay."

"Y/n, we're going to be parents, how did that happen?!" Maya questions shakily.

"Do you really want to get into this right now, I'm sure Warren would take great delight in explaining ALL of it to you" You grin. 

"You're not funny you know!" Maya laughs.

"Andddd she's back ladies and gentleman!" You tease.

Maya laughs quietly, and grips your hand tightly.